Saturday, November 5, 2016

THE MONTHLY MASH - October 2016

READING HIGHLIGHTS
STACKING THE SHELVES #4
This is my monthly highlights post. I will also be linking up with STACKING THE SHELVES, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, every first Saturday of the month! The pillow on my post header can be found at PAPER FURY SOCIETY6.

I read ten books in October: nine ebooks and one audiobook.
▪▪▪
At the end of the month I had read 60 of 72 Goodreads Challenge books and was "on track".
▪▪▪
My favorite book read was a Middle Grade written in Lyrical Free Verse, ROOT BEER CANDY AND OTHER MIRACLES.

My THE SUNDAY POST readers helped me hit and go over 1500 likes on my Facebook Harry Potter inspired page PROFESSOR BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY AND MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS. A big thank you to all my blogging buddies for making this happen before Halloween, which was my dearest wish!

I was very lucky on Edelweiss this month, as you will see below, with being approved for three highly sought after 2017 ARCs.

I had my two year BLOGVERSARY and Kirsten from METAPHORS & MOONLIGHT won my $25.00 giftcard giveaway. Congratulations!

LAST MONTHS POSTS
AUTHOR INTERVIEW - Bethany Crandell
BLOGGER INTERVIEW - A Dance With Books
BLOGOSPHERE QUESTION - Ghost Stories


BOUGHT EBOOKS
It was a $1.99 ebook special.


Talitha Nelle from VICTORIAN SOUL CRITIQUES has been reviewing these books on her blog and I have been very interested in them. Seeing it was a new author for me I was going to look for the first book of the quartet at the library, but Talitha mentioned the bundle was on special for $3.99, so I grabbed it.

I have M TRAIN from the publisher, so I was thrilled to see this one as an ebook special. I am excited to dig into both of these titles because Patti was an early musical inspiration for me.

GOODREADS
This is Narrative Nonfiction about the making of a violin from start to finish. It was only 99 cents.


It was a $1.99 sale price.


GOODREADS
This is by the author of The Girl With All the Gifts. It was a $1.99 special.


I was all excited when I saw this for $1.99 thinking it was the fifth book in THE VAMPIRE CHRONICALS. NOT! Ha ha. It is number ELEVEN! Where have I been? One reviewer said you should read at least the first five before reading this one, but I am going to chance it and read it after only reading the original three. It has gotten a lot of one star ratings from fans, so maybe I won't even finish it. Has anyone else read it?

One of my favorite authors gave this title a big thumbs up and it was free! I think it is Middle Grade.

This makes seven Hoffman ebooks I have. I have only read her Middle Grade NIGHTBIRD, which I loved. I might have a binge read month next year like I am going to do with Vonnegut. It was $1.99 special.

I have wanted to read this and was happy to find it for $1.99.


I nabbed another Hoffman on sale for $1.99! I wish PRACTICAL MAGIC would go on sale.

This is by Anne Rice's son. I loved another book I read of his, A DENSITY OF SOULS. It was $1.99 when I bought it and it is now $4.99, so it is still a decent price.

ARCS EDELWEISS
It is from the author of MORE HAPPY THAN NOTand it publishes January 17, 2017.

There has been a lot of buzz about this book and I am thrilled to have it. It publishes February 28, 2017.

This is the sequel to THE GIRL FROMEVERYWHERE which I had a few problems with, but seeing it was from a debut author I decided to give her writing another chance. It publishes March 28, 2017. 


This is from the author of SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA. It publishes April 11, 2017
What was your favorite bookish acquirement last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.