Friday, August 21, 2015

TOP FIVE FRIDAY #SEVEN

TFF is based on TOP TEN TUESDAY by The Broke and the Bookish. I always frown in a defeated manner trying to come up with ten books for TTT so...

AUTHORS ON AUTO-BUY

I am going to change this up because I am a penny pincher. If I can't get an ARC, I'll try to win it. If that fails, I will look to trade for it, then the next down would be wait until it goes on ebook special, or get it from the library. Then if it is a book I love, or I am already collecting the series in hardcover, I will get it from Book Outlet. If it never shows up in HC on Book Outlet, and I can't trade for an HC, then I will bite the bullet and buy it from Barnes and Noble, like I did Inkheart to the tune of $26.00! Therefore, I will be listing authors that I wish I had all of their books in hardcover sitting on my shelves.

 I WANT IT ALL ON MY SHELVES 

THE PERN DRAGONRIDER BOOKS by A. McCaffrey

There are about 25 books in this series. I own four or five (maybe six) in hardcover, and have read around ten. I don't know if I would ever read them all because I was getting bored with them, but it would be impressive to have them all on my shelves.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

THE FAIRYTALE BOOKS by C. Valente

I mean, look at these covers! I don't know how many more she is going to write, but I want them all on my shelves. I read a Fairyland ebook short story titled, THE GIRL WHO RULED FAIRYLAND-FOR A SHORT WHILE, and I love her writing style. If you want to sample her writing the ebook short story (33 pages) is only 99. I have the third book in hardcover.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

THE WITCH BOOKS by Ruth Chew

There are about 30 of these books. I read six or seven of the title's with my son, which were all that two different local libraries had. This was before our county libraries went online and you could request titles from other regional libraries. The stories are sweet and charming, and perfect for children too young for Harry Potter. I want them all to read to my someday grandchildren! I see they are re-releasing some of the titles with new covers.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

A WRINKLE IN TIME BOOKS by M. L'Engle



I don't have all the covers pictured and different sites switch some of the booka around, so here is a list.

KAIROS
 A Wrinkle in Time (1962) 
A Wind in the Door (1973) 
A Swiftly Tilting Planet (1978) 
Many Waters (1986)
 The Arm of the Starfish (1965) 
Dragons in the Waters (1976) 
A House like a Lotus (1984) 
An Acceptable Time (1989)

CHRONOS
Meet the Austins (1960) 
The Young Unicorns (1968)
A Ring of Endless Light (1980) 
A Severed Wasp (1982) 
The Moon By Night (1991) 
Troubling a Star (1994) 

* I do not know why that first title is printing to the left. I am so tired of fighting with Blogger as far as formatting goes today; with it switching to weird fonts, different colors, and tiny print. Grrr...

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛


THE DISCWORLD BOOKS by T. Pratchett


This one will be a little different... I want all of the books on my Kindle, and all of them in paperback on my shelves. There is something about this series that just screams paperback collection. I also happen to have the book everyone recommends reading first in paperback. I downloaded Wee Free Men to my Kindle yesterday for $1.99! I would like to thank Shannon from REX ROBOT REVIEWS for the special price heads-up.


What books/authors do want ALL on your shelves?

2 comments:

  1. I'm lil by lil building my collection of Discworld hardcovers! There's a new Gollanz editions that I adore and if I'm not too bad for money, I buy one each month! The bad thing is that not all the books are in that edition... I hope one day they will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the worst when they are not all matchy-matchy. I noticed the other day that the dust covers of my Septimus Heap books aren't all exactly matching. Some have banners around the spine and right now it is really bothering me. I guess I can take the dust covers off. Lol.

      Delete

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.