Tuesday, August 20, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #262 - Last. Now. Next. MY WEEKLY PULL - Comics. Manga. Graphic Novels.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY-TWO
MY WEEKLY PULL
COMICS. MANGA. GRAPHIC NOVELS.

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
TICKLING DRAGONS CHILDREN'S BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★★
ADULT GENERAL FICTION
STANDALONE
Published June 2015 - own.
This title is by the author of my top book so far this year HAVE YOU SEEN LUIS VELEZ? It was a book for DOG DAYS OF SUMMER. #DDOS

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION - 1960s
DIVERSE - ISSUE RELATED
FAMILY - ADDICTION - RACISM
BLACK CULTURE
Published August 6th - Edelweiss
I didn't review or rate this book because it obviously was a first draft with misspellings and missing punctuation. There was also this out of place very graphic sex scene that didn't mesh with the tone of the rest of the story, and he made John John Kennedy a pot smoking, boozing, sexually active 12/13 year old who was sometimes violent towards his mother. I have never even heard rumors of those actions from President Kennedy's son, so I'm assuming he made it up for drama? The author thanked his writers group for listening to him read this story and also some of them for reading it, so I am wondering why they didn't at least tell him to fix his spelling and punctuation.

ADULT FICTION
SERIES #1
Published January 29th 2019 - Hoopla
I didn't rate this book because it wasn't my cup of tea, but it was well written. If you like lighter reading similar to Chick Lit, you will love this book. It's also not a sad dog story and that's a big plus! #DDOS



MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
FAMILY - DEATH - GRIEVING
SCIENCE - QUANTUM PHYSICS
Published May 2017 - own
Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS recommended this book to me. You can read Annemieke's blog review: HERE.

ADULT NONFICTION
MEMOIR
SCOTLAND
Publishes August 29th - NetGalley
This is my current ARC. Meh. It's a series of journal entries about running his book shop. Some are interesting, but most of them are boring. My life is more interesting. Ha ha.


ADULT SCIENCE FICTION
STANDALONE
Published April 26th 2018 - own
One man. One robot. One dog. And a strange alien rock. Can they save the universe?
~ Goodreads ~
#DDOS

LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY - HORROR
Published - January 8th 2019 - NetGalley
This is my next ARC. I am caught up on my current review books, so I'm starting to catch up on my 2019 backlist.




FIVE YEARS AGO...
TELL ME TUESDAY NUMBER TWELVE was posted on August 19th 2014. I was reading a  Middle Grade ARC of DASH.




MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky.

★★★★★
YOUNG ADULT
GRAPHIC NOVEL
SERIES
Borrowed - Hoopla
This was for the Dog Days of Summer Celebration and also fills a square on my #DDOS Doggo Bingo card. I loved it!

ADULT COMIC
PARANORMAL FANTASY
Borrowed - Hoopla
It's about a pack of dogs who fight evil paranormal activity. This is issues #1-4 then there are a few issues, which I think are standalones, before the second bind-up volume. One of the standalones has Hellboy in it! #DDOS


There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell Me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.