Tuesday, August 6, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #260 - Last. Now. Next. MY WEEKLY PULL - Comics. Mange. Graphic Novels.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY
MY WEEKLY PULL
WHAT'S BAZ READING

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



NOTHING
I had been chugging along on the 800+ page THE  PRIORY OF THE ORANGE TREE, trying to catch up with my son in our buddy read, but I'll be setting it aside for awhile. See What's Baz Reading, below.


ADULT
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION 1969
FAMILY - DOWN SYNDROME
Publishes August 9th - Edelweiss
I'm about 30% in and I'm liking it, but not loving it like I did RUST AND STARDUST last year. The college days flashbacks remind me too much of Love Story, and there were a couple of cheese romance scenes; which is strange for this writer. However, it has a dog in it for Dog Days of Summer!

MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
FAMILY - DEATH - GRIEVING
SCIENCE
Published May 2017 - own.
Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS recommended this book to me, we both read quite a bit of Middle Grade, and I am so happy she did! It revolves around Quantum Physics, which is a subject I've dipped into on my own over the years, and so far it has aligned with my beliefs about things outside of the world as we know it, in a spiritual way. You can read Annemieke's blog review: HERE.


ADULT NONFICTION
MEMOIR
SCOTLAND
Publishes August 29th - NetGalley
Hmm... I just discovered this is not the book I thought it was, ha ha! I thought it was his first book Diary of a Bookseller. I didn't know he had written another. I hope it doesn't spoil the first one for me. Not that I'll be able to read the first one because it appears there is no ebook.

ADULT GENERAL FICTION
STANDALONE
Published June 2015 - own.
This title is by the author of my top book so far this year HAVE YOU SEEN LUIS VELEZ? Barb from BOOKER T'S FARM had been suggesting it as a Dog Days of Summer book and I scooped it up yesterday when I saw the ebook for 99¢. It's still on sale at the time of this posting on AMAZON. They are both free to read on Kindle Unlimited.




FIVE YEARS AGO...
TELL ME TUESDAY NUMBER TEN was posted on August 5, 2014. I had just finished GATES OF THREAD AND STONE and rated it five stars and was ready to start a Middle Grade Edelweiss ARC, PACK OF DORKS. When I went to get the Goodreads link, I see it is now part of a series. It was a standalone when I read it.





MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky.

MIDDLE GRADE
GRAPHIC NOVEL
STANDALONE
DIVERSE - DEAFNESS
Borrowed - Hoopla
I still haven't gotten to this and I need to hurry up because it goes back in a few days.

YOUNG ADULT
GRAPHIC NOVEL
SERIES
Borrowed - Hoopla
I think this volume is the entire series. It's almost 300 pages. It's for the Dog Days of Summer Celebration and also fills a square on my #DDOS Doggo Bingo card!



NOTHING
When I finally picked up some steam on Priory and asked him where he was in the book for our buddy read, he admitted that he had stopped reading at chapter forty and had been playing his Nintendo Switch, during breaks and dinner at work, for about a week. When I asked if he was going to go back to it and finish before school starts (he studies on work breaks during semesters) he was noncommittal. To say I'm disappointed is putting it mildly.



There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!

Don't forget to drop by and enter my international GIVEAWAY for a $15 gift card!


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.