Tuesday, August 13, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #261 - Last. Now. Next. CHALLENGE UPDATE - The 2019 Read Harder Challenge

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY-TWO
CHALLENGE UPDATE
THE 2019 READ HARDER CHALLENGE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★
ADULT
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION 1969
FAMILY - DOWN SYNDROME
Published August 9th - NetGalley
It devastated me to give this book two stars because I loved the other T. Greenwood title I read to the moon and back. However, there are quite a few of her fans who felt the writing in this story was weak, so that made me feel somewhat better.

★★
MIDDLE GRADE
GRAPHIC NOVEL
STANDALONE
DIVERSE - DEAFNESS
Borrowed - Hoopla
Basically this book failed as a Middle Grade for me.



MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
FAMILY - DEATH - GRIEVING
SCIENCE
Published May 2017 - own.
Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS recommended this book to me, we both read quite a bit of Middle Grade, and I am so happy she did! It revolves around Quantum Physics, which is a subject I've dipped into on my own over the years, and so far it has aligned with my beliefs about things outside of the world as we know it, in a spiritual way. You can read Annemieke's blog review: HERE.

ADULT GENERAL FICTION
STANDALONE
Published June 2015 - own.
This title is by the author of my top book so far this year HAVE YOU SEEN LUIS VELEZ? Barb from BOOKER T'S FARM had been suggesting it as a Dog Days of Summer book and I scooped it up when I saw the ebook for 99¢ lsst week. They are both free to read on Kindle Unlimited.



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION - 1960s
DIVERSE - ISSUE RELATED
FAMILY - ADDICTION - RACISM
BLACK CULTURE
Published August 6th - Edelweiss
My next ARC. I snuck the first couple of chapters and I like it a lot.

ADULT NONFICTION
MEMOIR
SCOTLAND
Publishes August 29th - NetGalley




FIVE YEARS AGO...
TELL ME TUESDAY NUMBER ELEVEN was posted on August 12th 2014. I was reading a Middle Grade ARC from Edelweiss.
NEST by Esther Ehrlich





2. ALTERNATE HISTORY: WESTSIDE

3. AOC 2018 AWARD: THE POET X

6. AOC SET IN SPACE: BINTI

8. OCEANIA OWN VOICES: BOY SWALLOWS UNIVERSE

9. FEWER THAN 100 GOODREADS REVIEWS: VIOLETS AND SUNFLOWERS

15. MYTHOLOGY/FOLKLORE: KINGDOM OF COPPER

22. A DIVERSITY AWARD WINNING CHILDREN'S BOOK: THE STUFF OF STARS

13. NEURODIVERSE MC: ON THE EDGE OF GONE

23. A SELF-PUBLISHED BOOK: HIEROPHANT'S DAUGHTER

Nine out of twenty-four books. I need to get the lead out of my pants! Ha ha. 



There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.