Saturday, November 10, 2018

THE SNIDGET - Magical News Bulletin - Hogwarts Holiday Edition 2018

MAGICAL NEWS BULLETIN
HOGWARTS HOLIDAYS 2018

THE SNIDGET is a periodical bulletin from the magical world. There will be plenty of news about Hogwarts and the wizarding world, and other fantastic literary places. It will be dropped off in the library by Owl Post every second Saturday of the month.



I know, I know... I am the worst complainer about winter holiday promotion before Thanksgiving, but seeing that The Snidget posts are the second Saturday of the month, that wouldn't give much time to consider the ideas in this post, so here we are... *sighs*

Thanksgiving marks the official start of the winter holiday season here in the US. It's always the fourth Thursday in November. I refuse to talk about Black Friday. Hmm... Maybe I'll make it a day were I marathon a book by a black author. Yes, I like that.



Do you knit or crochet?

There's plenty of time to whip up several Hogwarts house scarves to gift family and friends. One of my best friends in junior high school's family had a Christmas tradition of making a handmade gift for each member of their family. The parents made gifts for each of the four children, too!

If you knit, get started: HERE. If you crochet...




Oh, dear lord... I love this guy. ♥



On my Facebook wizarding world lifestyle page, BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS, I have an album full of handmade bookmark ideas, instructions, and tutorials titled: THE BUMBERSHOOT BOOKMARK PROJECT, where I encourage people to send personally handmade bookmarks to friends and family, instead of greeting cards. I have slacked off on this and I need to get back into it.

How about making ornaments for your Potterhead friends and family, or your own tree? We had a Hogwarts themed tree twice when my son was little.  We put purple lights on it to make it more magical looking (I knew I was going to do this and bought four strands on clearance after Halloween). The only ornaments I made were little boxes wrapped in Harry Potter wrapping paper, but we bought tiny owl, dragon, candy, and star ornaments to hang on the tree. We had three empty fabric Bertie Botts candy bags that I stuffed with paper and hung, also! For some inspiration go to this CHRISTMAS AT HOGWARTS album on the Snidget's Facebook page. Have you ever had a Hogwarts themed tree? Do you hang Harry Potter themed ornaments on your tree?

Do they still sell the fabric bags of Every Flavour Beans?





View the LOST GILDEROY LOCKHART AUTHOR PHOTOS from his autobiography, Magical Me, on Entertainment Weekly. They are a laugh riot!

There was a flurry of excitement on Twitter when the FANTASTIC BEASTS 2 TRAILER came out and revealed that NAGINI, Voldemort's beloved snake, was once human. However, it didn't stop there. After seeing this tweet by JKR...

Many people started talking about another Nagini theory. I first came across this newest NAGINI ORIGIN THEORY on a Nerdist Facebook post. The Facebook comment thread was overflowing with naysayers and I was thinking the notion was a bit silly until I read several of the theory articles I Googled. What do you think?


You can read more Harry Potter and wizarding world news on my Facebook page, THE SNIDGET, which is geared more towards adult Potterheads, and on the fandom page I co-admin, HE CAN RUN FASTER THAN SEVERUS SNAPE CONFRONTED WITH SHAMPOO, which is tailored for the teen and tween Harry Potter fans.


Do you have any Harry Potter traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.