Tuesday, November 13, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #223 - Last. Now. Next - TOP TEN - Bookish Needful Things


LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY-THREE
TOP TEN


TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Michele from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


YOUNG ADULT
HISTORICAL FICTION - 1971
MENTAL HEALTH
CIVIL RIGHTS
Published October 28th - Netgalley
This cover is very misleading. Right-hand fists raised is the sign of Black unity, and more specifically, in the 1970s when this story takes place, "Black Power"; but this is a book about a white girl, a whiney lower middle class white girl. It also shamed stay-at-home moms. Grrrrr....



MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
BLENDED FAMILIES
BLACK CULTURE
BULLYING
Published November 6th - Netgalley
I am loving this book! It's my first title for the FIFTH ANNUAL ANTI-BULLYING READATHON 2018. #AntiBullyReads






HOSTED BY
BOOKISHLY NEEDFUL THINGS...
Of course every book lover can use more bookshelves! I love black book shelves! I am getting two or three more next year to match the two I bought this year. I wish I could afford these. They look so much classier, but cost $179.00 each. Yikes! Maybe someday. Ha ha.



HARRY POTTER SHOWER CURTAIN
I have toyed with the idea of doing a Hogwarts themed bathroom several times, but have never proceeded. In our old apartment one bathroom was Wizard of Oz themed, and the other had Dr. Seuss (yes we had two full bathrooms in our old apartment, sighs). After we moved I asked Baz, he was twelve, what he thought and he begged me to have a plain bathroom like "normal" people. Ha! The only decorative things in our bathroom now are the moon clock I use in many of my Bookstagram photos, and a vase of eucalyptus.


GOODREADS
This is a 32 page picture book tailored for adults about depression. I bought one for myself yesterday. Although I have pretty much kicked falling back into that dark hole for the past seven years, it will be nice to read it, and blog about it, to let others know there is hope and a light at the end of the tunnel. Click over to the Goodreads page and read Gliori's personal message after this synopsis.

"With stunning black and white illustration and deceptively simple text, author and illustrator Debi Gliori examines how depression affects one's whole outlook upon life, and shows that there can be an escape - it may not be easy to find, but it is there. Drawn from Debi's own experiences and with a moving testimony at the end of the book explaining how depression has affected her and how she continues to cope, Debi hopes that by sharing her own experience she can help others who suffer from depression, and to find that subtle shift that will show the way out."  ~ Goodreads




DRAGON BUNDT PAN - THINK GEEK
I always love a good dragon book and I can make a cake when I host another Harry Potter SLUG CLUB holiday party!



PURPLE HOGWARTS COMFORTER AND SHEET SET
My bedroom is purple and gold, so a purple Hogwarts comforter was a find! Seeing I am contentedly single, I'll be saving the pillow cases for a wedding gift. Ha ha.



I have only seen this "movie" which was a mini-series on PBS, once, because they never aired it again to my knowledge, but it has stuck in my memory like fantasy glue because of the quirky story and the stunning cinematography. I would love to own it to watch once a year. If you like the Discworld books you will like this odd Fantasy. I have the first book of the trilogy and I need to read it!





AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-S200BTBK BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES
I would love not be tethered to my Kindle when listening to audiobooks and these seem to be a decent price to quality comparison. I have had them sitting on my Musician's Friend wishlist with sale and price drop notifications enabled waiting for an ever better deal.




DISCWORLD GOLLANCZ COVERS COLLECTIONS
I would like to have the WITCHES story arc, DEATH arc, and the CITY WATCH Discworld books in these beautiful Gollancz hardcovers! I have the first City Watch title GUARDS! GUARDS! which I received last year for my birthday from Annemieke who blogs at A DANCE WITH BOOKS.




GOLDEN SNITCH EARRINGS - ETSY
I don't have any Harry Potter jewlery. Can you believe it? I don't wear necklaces and I only like my plain gold band thumb ring, So earrings it is!




YELLOW LIBRARY CARD MUG - OUT OF PRINT
My kitchen is blue and white with red and yellow accents (theme umbrellas, cats and bumble bees, ha ha) and I would love a set of four of these, but at $12 each I wish they would have a buy one get one half off sale.




BONUS
COMPOSITION NOTEBOOK SHOES
They are pricey but I am going to keep my eye out for sales. However, I am getting the leopard print style. Heh heh. My son will hate it. I love leopard print accessories and I used to have: a scrunchie, a bow tie for my women's tuxedo shirt, a chiffon scarf, a tiny across body evening purse, and high top sneakers in leopard print. I never wore more than one at a time, but for some reason, after his father left, a twelve year old Baz threw them all in the garbage (without my knowledge) because he thought they meant I was a cougar. Hahahahahaha.


Do you have any similar tastes to mine?
What's at the top of your bookishly needful things list?
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.