Tuesday, November 6, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #222 - Last. Now. Next. - October Reading Wrap-Up

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY-TWO
OCTOBER READING WRAP-UP

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michele from IN LIBRIS VERITAS *Wednesday
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


★★★
NONFICTION
HISTORY
RELIGION/MYTH
This had wonderful historical context illustrations and last two chapters were well thought out, probably because they were about specific subjects, but the rest of the book was random brain spew. I have no doubt he researched this subject well, but there was no order to it.

★★★
(4.5)
YOUNG ADULT
CONTEMPORARY
FAMILY/RELATIONSHIPS
It was nearly perfect YA Contemporary.



YOUNG ADULT
HISTORICAL FICTION - 1972
MENTAL HEALTH
CIVIL RIGHTS
Published October 28th - Netgalley
This cover is very misleading. Right-hand fists raised is the sign of Black unity, and more specifically, in the 1970s when this story takes place, "Black Power"; but this is a book about a white girl, a whiney lower middle class white girl. So far the only thing I can think  the book is trying to accomplish is to help white people feel better about being privileged. The truth is... even if you are lower middle class or poor white, you are still privileged in many ways. I felt duped at first because, along with cover, the summary made it sound like a story about the Civil Rights movement, but now I am glad I am reading it so I can call it out for what it is.

 YOUNG ADULT
FANTASY
ALTERNATE HISTORY
Continuing on with the BARTIMAEUS READ-ALONG.




I need a poetry anthology to check off on my BETTER WORLD BOOKS 2018 READING CHALLENGE and I am saying that song lyrics are poems set to music.




TEN BOOKS READ
CURRENT ARCS = 4
BACKLIST ARCS = 0
HOOPLA = 5
32/50
TEAM
I think I can make it to 50 with two months left to read!





 What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.