Tuesday, September 11, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #214 - Last. Now. Next. - TOP TEN Hidden Gems

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN
TOP TEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!



★★★★★
(4.5)
The first book in this series was one of those stories that I wanted to give a sixth star to, and the second book was a solid four stars that I sometimes think I should give an extra half star. This book was not as good as the first one in my opinion and I almost gave it four stars, but if the first title didn't exist to compare it to, I would have given it five stars, so 4.5 it is! Does this make sense? Ha ha. I was reading it in a group read and got a little carried away and finished early. Oops!



If you want to join Annemieke's BARTIMAEUS SERIES read-a-long hop on over to her blog, A DANCE WITH BOOKS. The first discussion isn't until September 22nd. I love Stroud's writing style. I found the entire quartet on HOOPLA.


YOUNG ADULT
DYSTOPIAN
Publishes September 18th - publisher
The writing is good, but it's a bit too graphically violent for me. Gun violence always brothers me more anyway.


I was sent an invitation from Harper Collins to receive an ARC of the sequel MELMOTH, so I figured I needed to read this. Heh heh. It was on my tbr anyway. I was happy to see HOOPLA had the audiobook. The story is word dense, so I am appreciating being able to listen to it. The MC's young son is autistic, in my summation, and it is interesting to see how he is viewed through Victorian eyes.



BIOGRAPHY
ART/ANIME/FILM
Published September 4th - Netgalley




HOSTED BY:

HIDDEN GEMS
It seems that sometimes the book blogging world forgets there is anything other than Young Adult out there. I have been reading a lot more Middle Grade, Adult Fiction, and Memoirs over the last two years and here are some of my favorites...

These are Adult Fiction and Memoirs. Someone on Twitter was suggesting that more people want to read about characters in their twenties, and publishers need to take more notice of New Adult books, but do readers realize a lot of Adult Fiction is about people in their twenties?

 Many readers pick up a fluffy Contemporary when they need a palate cleanser, or a story to stave off a reading slump, but I reach for Middle Grade! They almost always end on a positive note.

What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.