Tuesday, September 18, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #215 - Last. Now. Next.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!



★★★★
(3.5)
I won this as an ebook from Goodreads. I have read four or five Graphic Novels, but this was my first Manga. I really liked it. I want to read the next one.

★★★
Published September 18th - Publisher PDF
This was my last ARC read, and it had good bones. It's a debut author, so I would definitely give his next book a chance.


★★★★★
(4.5)
There are so many wonderful things to say about this book that I haven't added a review to Goodreads, yet. I was sent an invitation from Harper Collins to receive an ARC of the sequel MELMOTH, so I figured I needed to read this, but after I finished and dared to read the summary of the sequel, I found out the only thing that connects the two stories is the Victorian era. It isn't even a companion book. Ha ha. I'm very happy I read it, though.



If you want to join Annemieke's BARTIMAEUS SERIES read-a-long hop on over to her blog, A DANCE WITH BOOKS. The first discussion isn't until September 22nd. I love Stroud's writing style. I found the entire quartet on HOOPLA. I am loving it, it reads like velvet.


MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
ISSUE RELATED
POVERTY
Published September 4th - Netgalley
I saw this on JO'S BOOK BLOG. Jolene really liked it and I am loving it so far, except for the bobcat hunting. I am hoping that the bobcat killing element is a change arc platform. Fingers crossed.



BIOGRAPHY
ART/ANIME/FILM
Published September 4th - Netgalley



HOW TO TRAIN YOUR PUMPKIN - freebie children's
AMERICAN STREET - $1.99 - Young Adult
CADAVER DOG - freebie for Dog Days of Summer 2019



He finished the last three of the original six DUNE series books. He read my hardcovers from the '80s. He looked up the summaries of the three sequel books Frank Herbert's son wrote from his father's notes and outlines, but there is an element he didn't like, added in the third book, which became more and more pronounced through the last three original books, and I guess even more in the son's post Chapterhouse books, so he's done with that journey. However, he still intends on reading the three disciplines books, the three schools books, plus the prequels. So he's definitely not done with that world. He said he needs a palate cleanser before he starts the third Song of Fire and Ice title, so he'll be reading the next Dresden Files book on his list, I think it's number six. I was worried he would stop pleasure reading when he went back to university, but he is still reading during breaks and meals at work!


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.