Saturday, June 23, 2018

THE WRAP #170 - STACKING THE SHELVES & WRAP-UP

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY
STACKING THE SHELVES



THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB
STACKING THE SHELVES

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
BEACHY READS

SCIFI SUMMER CHALLENGE
INTRODUCTION & GOALS




As you can see there is a new header and title for my wrap-up post! The Wrap will be every two weeks and may be posted on either a Saturday, or a Sunday.

Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG and I have started planning our second annual, August, month long event, THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER. I'm doing a link-up for books with dogs reviews, the DDoS feature posts you do, and IG photos for a giveaway! Jo is going to be doing donations to her local rescue for dog books you read during the event! The rescue is fabulous, they take in dogs from other shelters when there are disasters so the local kennels are clear for displaced pets that can eventually be returned to their owners. Good stuff! We are brainstorming a new dog tag and thinking about doing a cover related challenge.

I am participating in this primo challenge where you are paired with a blogger with similar tastes and you comment on each other's blog for a month. You can choose five comments or ten comments. I chose ten comments and have been paired up with Dani from PERSPECTIVE OF A WRITER for the month of July. I have already found out we both love anime! The challenge is already closed for July, but you can see the pairings and look into signing up for August: HERE. I will be signing up again, for sure!



I was sooooooooo happy to be playing my guitars again this week! First I got a paper cut in the joint crease of one of my fret hand fingers and it got a bit inflamed (infected?). Then just before that injury felt okay I grabbed a ramekin of mashed sweet potatoes out of the microwave and blister burned two of my fret hand fingers and my thumb. I wasn't able to play for three weeks. All was not lost though because there was a technique problem I was having and my brain managed to suss it out during the downtime.


I won a $5 Dunkin' Donut gift card in a belt clip, on Twitter, for my "dad" joke. Ha ha ha!

 ⚫

I emailed the Brandless organics company when my 2-4 days free shipping turned into 12 days, and told them I was going to mention it on the blog post I was doing about their company, and they sent me an $18 dollar off code for my next order. Add that to the $5 "sorry so late" coupon they sent everyone and thats $23 dollars of free products. Sometimes it pays to blog. Heh heh.



♥ THE LOVESEAT ♥
This was one of the magazine covers from my Beachy Reads TTT, and that little sofa speaks to me on so many levels, plus it looks to be the same fabric and color of the couch we had when Baz Manchild was a baby and toddler, so it pushes all those fond memories buttons, too. Our living room is a music/photography studio now and I don't have room for a loveseat, but we are supposed to be moving next year and I'm on the hunt for something similar.


I cut The bottom of my left big toe and I put a My Little Pony bandaid on it. I was sitting in my reading chair in the "living room" with my feet up on a foot stool and my son was standing in the doorway talking to me when he burst out laughing. I was like... what? He said he just realized what the bandaid was and it was comical to him because I was wearing an Anthrax band shirt. We both started laughing and it just felt so good to laugh out loud. I think laughter is the best medicine.


STACKING THE SHELVES IS HOSTED BY:
TYNGA'S REVIEWS

BOUGHT EBOOKS
I love Funke's Inkworld books, so I thought I'd grab this Middle Grade while it was on sale for $1.99.
It's still on sale today.

 I don't remember why I had this on my Amazon Kindle Wishlist, but when I did my weekly lowest to highest price search it was only 99¢ so I scooped it up.
It's still on sale today.

 This is the last Dune book written by Frank Herbert himself, number six. I will be continuing on with my re-read of this series soon, so I thought I would get it while it was on sale for $1.99. It's already back up to $9.99.

Of course I had to nab this for $1.99!
It's still on sale today.

NO NEW REVIEW BOOKS.
YAY!



TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN

AS SEEN ON TV
ANIME

*There will always be a chance of a DOWN THE TBR HOLE, CONVERSATIONS, RAVE/RANT/REWIND REVIEW, AS SEEN ON TV, TAG - YOU'RE IT!, BOOKSTAGRAM BOOST, THE SNIDGET or PIN IT. HAUL IT. DO IT!

Have an excellent one, my friends!
And don't forget about my international $10 GC GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.