Friday, June 22, 2018

#SciFiSummer 2018 READING CHALLENGE

2018 SCIFI SUMMER READING CHALLENGE


The 2018 SCIFI SUMMER READING CHALLENGE takes place between June 21st and September 21st. Here are the goal levels...

RED SHIRT = 1-5 books
VIPER PILOT = 6-10 books
JEDI = 7-15 books
TIME LORD = 16+ books

The challenge includes all SciFi subgenres and can be any physical book, ebook, or audiobook over 100 pages.

I'm going to try for VIPER PIOT!



Here are some of the books on my list...


I think I am buddy reading A Closed and Common Orbit with Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS in July, and then going right into Record of a Spaceborn Few when it publishes. Greg from BOOK HAVEN has expressed a want to have a small group read of the third book.

I'm participating in a The Darkest Minds series read-a-long in preparation for the release of the fourth book, THE DARKEST LEGACY, at the end of July, and a MOVIE a few days later.






I have wanted to do a re-read of at least the core quintet of this 20+ book series for a couple of years, now. My son bought me what we originally thought was a boxed set of the quintet in hardcover for my birthday two years ago, but it ended up being a hardcover bind-up of the five books in a slipcover and the print was tiny, so I recently purchased a paperback boxed set from Book Outlet.




 I buddy read Dune, the first book in the original six book series, with my son for Vintage SciFi month in January. He continued on to read books two and three, but I was bogged down with review ARCs, so I had to stop. I want to get the trilogy finished so we can read book four together next January.


This is the first book in the Murder Bot Diaries series. Greg from BOOK HAVEN has been raving about these books, just like he did the Wayfarer books (see the first two books in this post), so I'd like to give it a try. It's only 147 pages, so it's completely doable.



I also need SciFi books with dogs in them for the DOG DAYS OF SUMMER feature that Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG and I will be hosting soon, so leave some suggestions for me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.