Tuesday, June 26, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #203 - TOP TEN - Series I Plan to Re-Read

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND THREE
TOP TEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


I wasn't quite over my blogging dilemma last week and it pretty much interfered with everything, including reading.


This is the second book in The Darkest Minds series. I am participating in a read-a-long on Cyra's blog, RATTLE THE PAGES. I really liked The Darkest Minds, and I am loving this one! 

I am really enjoying this. It's a backlist review book.


This is an ARC that published on the 19th. Oops!





HOSTED BY:

SERIES I PLAN TO RE-READ

I'm doing a flip on the TTT prompt this week. I don't think I have ever continued on with a second book in a series and not wanted to finish them up. I don't keep reading if I didn't care for the first book, and if the first title was great, but the second book was meh, third books are still enticing to me. After that, no matter how droll the books get, I am invested enough in the characters to carry on. Ha ha.

I have wanted to do a re-read of at least the core quintet of this 20+ book series for a couple of years, now. My son bought me what we originally thought was a boxed set of the quintet in hardcover for my birthday two years ago, but it ended up being a hardcover bind-up of the five books in a slipcover and the print was tiny, so I recently purchased a paperback boxed set from Book Outlet.





I have read Dune four times and the other five of the original six twice. I will be continuing on with my second re-read of these books, soon. I buddy read Dune, the first book in the original six book series, with my son for Vintage SciFi month in January. He continued on to read books two and three, but I was bogged down with review ARCs, so I had to stop. I want to get the trilogy finished so we can read book four together next January.



I plan on re-reading the original six Thomas Covenant books (I have already re-read them once) in preparation for reading the third, new to me, quartet.



 I loved this trilogy. The second book in the Birthright trilogy was the cream of the crop! The third book was outshined by the first two, but it did a wonderful job of tying up everything for a solid conclusion.



 I plan on re-reading the Tiffany Aching Discworld story arc, most likely before I finish the entire series.



I read these with my son from the library when he was little, and I re-read them with the older of my two munchkin charges. I will be re-reading them soon with the younger munchkin.


There is a fourth book coming out in this world set five years after the third book. My son has already re-read them in preparation for the new title and I need to do the same!



 I haven't finished reading this series yet, but I know I will want a re-read at some point. Plus there are two more books set in this world now!



 I am going to be re-reading The Hobbit in November; and The Lord of the Rings books next year, one every three months. I read the Hobbit the summer before my senior year in high school and the trilogy during my senior year, and that was many many MANY moons ago!





And of course...
I have read Sorcerer's Stone six times, books 2-4 three times, and book five twice. I am sad to say the last two never got re-read; not even Half-Blood Prince; which is my favorite one. I am planning on listening to the audio while following along in the illustrated editions.

What are you reading? Tell me!
Are there any series you are planning on re-reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.