Saturday, March 4, 2023

THE SATURDAY SOUP TWO - A Book Blogger's Life Update - Superb Owl Sunday - Five Things - Soup Recipe #BookBlogger #FiveThings #SoupRecipe

THE SATURDAY SOUP
TWO
A SPOONFUL OF MY LIFE
JANUARY & FEBRUARY
AND A SOUP RECIPE

Welcome to The Saturday Soup! It's a floating feature I hope to post once or twice a month, but if I can't find the time there's no pressure. Ha ha! I will be telling a story from my life, showing you five things that made me smile, and also giving you a soup recipe each time.




It was Superb Owl Sunday at my house on February 12th. My son went to his friend's annual anti-Super Bowl party where they ate Super Bowl party foods and played board games. I drank tea and watched Patti Smith read Uncle Wiggly stories live. She even did different voices. I was jealous because she was drinking her coffee from a vintage 1920's Uncle Wiggly cup.

FUN FACT
The author of the Uncle Wiggly stories was born in my hometown.

NEW YEAR'S EVE 2022 PATTI SMITH'S 76TH BIRTHDAY
She has a fabulous Instagram account, you should check it out.





There are gowns with POCKETS, now! Image courtesy of a local shop Tom's Coffee, Cards & Gifts. Hopefully Tom has one with long sleeves for me.




We've had so many of these breathtaking red and violet sunsets lately. We had the first one here last summer and I think we've had about one a month since. I see from IG they've been happening all over. I can almost imagine I live on a different planet.




Our seven elementary schools had a combined dance program showcase. The city school system had over 100 photos on their Facebook page, and looking at all the joy in the children's faces brought immeasurable happiness to me. Next year I hope to be braver about venturing out in public among large groups, so I can experience this joyful energy in person.




My city's iconic sandwich made Taste Atlas' top fifty sandwiches in the world, coming in at number four. A spedie sub was my pregnancy craving. FUN STORY: we named our cat Zuzu before we knew it was the original name for the spiedie marinade. Ha ha.





BLOOPER!









What made you smile last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.