Tuesday, March 28, 2023

TELL ME TUESDAY #396 - Last. Now. Next. - New to the E-Queue - Tidbits #Books #BookBlog #IRead #Reading #Readers #AmReading

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY-SIX
NEW TO THE E-QUEUE
TIDBITS

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



MIDDLE GRADE - YOUNG ADULT
SERIES VOLUME THREE
MANGA
FANTASY
WITCHES - INK MAGIC
Published 2018 - Libby Borrow
I love this manga series, but my gawd... this one turned into a "wanna/gonna" fest. I think the learned witch masters even said them a couple of times. This story has a Renaissance type setting, so the modern slang is jarring and ruins the feel of the story. My son took Japanese at university and he said even if there was slang in that time period, the young students wouldn't use it in front of teachers, or really any adult for that matter. He said the translator must know this. I wish authors would stop normalizing and perpetuating sloppy diction.

MY GOODREADS THOUGHTS
STANDALONE
"ROMANCE"
GENERATIONAL STORY
WITCHES
Published February 2nd 2023 - Edelweiss ARC
Ugh...



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
BIBLICAL TIMES
FEMINISM
Published 1997 - Hoopla Borrow
I had to set this aside to start my buddy read of Jane Eyre and start my March "set in Ireland" book, but I will be getting back to it as soon as I am done with Jane Eyre.

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CLASSIC
FEMINISM
Published 1847 - Own Ebook and Hardcovers
I am buddy re-reading this with Liis from Cover to Cover for Women's History Month. Here's another edition I would love to own!

GOODREADS
MEMOIR
IRELAND
THE GREAT BLASKET ISLAND
Published 1929 - Own Ebook
Starting this year, I'm going to be reading a book set in Ireland every March.



q
MIDDLE GRADE
DUOLOGY ONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
DIVERSE
PHYSICAL DISABILITY
Published 2017 - Hoopla Borrow
I received this book as an unsolicited physical ARC in 2017 right around the time it, ironically, became uncomfortable for me to hold physical books because of my EDS... so I never read it. I did, however, put it in my neighborhood community center's honor library and it was read a few times before it fell apart. ARCs aren't made for longevity. The two kids I had the chance to talk to said they really liked it. In my basically fruitless search for books with main characters with ACTUAL physical disabilities (no, book list makers, ADHD, PTSD, anxiety, autism, and dyslexia are not physical disabilities) for April Diversity Month, I saw the audiobook on Hoopla. Hooray! I hope I like it enough to read the sequel.
Try finding a Fiction book about a physically disabled character that's not a Romance or a Thriller; two genres I don't read. I think I've read just about all the others. If you have any recommendations, I'm all ears!



52 LOAVES $1.99 (now $11.99)
WITCH 99¢ (now $3.99)
Prices are current at the time of this this blog posting unless otherwise noted.
I paid $1.99 for a new ebook of Jane Eyre because it is illustrated, but the free copy I have, and read last time, was fine also.



TOR dot COM
Calvin and Hobbes comic strip creator, Bill Watterson, has written an illustrated, 72 page fable for adults.




What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.