Tuesday, June 9, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #302 - Last. Now. Next. - New to the E-Queue MY WEEKLY PULL - Manga. Comics. Graphic Novels.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND TWO
MY WEEKLY PULL
MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS
NEW TO THE E-QUEUE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!




NOTHING



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
CLASSIC
Published 1960 - Hoopla Borrow/Own Bookshelf
My blog theme for June every year is classics, and seeing the theme for 2020 here on the blog is also classics, I have decided to re-read my favorite book of all time!

MEMOIR
RACE RELATIONS
ANTI-RACISM
Published 2014- Hoopla Borrow
I am going to be doing a blog post about gentle anti-racism reads for "all lives matter" debaters. I know many White folks find it more comfortable to take guidance from other White folks. Therefore, I wanted to read this book to see how insightful it was, so I could add it to the list. I was pleasantly surprised to learn a couple of things myself, so far. I sometimes over estimate myself because of working with, and being housemates with so many People of Color in my music days, and of course being close with The Ex's family. I'm almost half way finished and I have only winced twice about things she still needs to work on, like automatically assuming Black people are more likely to be financially unstable.



ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD SERIES
FANTASY
HUMOR
Published 2004 - Hoopla Borrow/Own Shelf
My next TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE read. And how apropos, it's about putting a postal service back on its feet




ADULT FICTION
PREQUEL TO PRACTICAL MAGIC
FANTASY
Publishing October 6th 2020 - NetGalley
I was thrilled to get an e-ARC of this! Although I loathed Practical Magic (watch the movie instead they fixed everything that was wrong with the book), I loved and adored the other prequel, The Rules of Magic.
My regular E-Queue section, with books I've purchased, will be back next week. I figured out I can access my Kindle Fire photo album through Blogger's document prompt.
Why did they feel they needed to change things?




MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky.

ADULT FICTION
GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES
CONTEMPORARY
Hoopla Borrows
I am breaking my A Year of Classics rules because I became aware that Hoopla culls some of its inventory sometimes. I went to borrow a Discworld book they had for the Turtle Recall Reading Challenge, and they no longer had it. I also went to borrow a book by a Jamaican author, they had listed a couple of weeks ago, for the Caribathon read-a-thon, and it had vanished, too! I love the Giant Days series and I want to get them read as quickly as possible now. I am on volume seven: issues #25-28.


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.