Sunday, June 7, 2020

SUNDAY CHAT #8 Where Was I...

SUNDAY CHAT
 EIGHT
Where Was I...

Hello, my lovely Library Lions and Book Dragons! I was intending on paring my wrap-ups down to one Turning The Page On post every two months, but that turned into not doing them at all, so I have decided to let these casual Sunday Chats handle what's going on in my life and topics affecting my life, and post all bookish updates on my Tell Me Tuesdays.


.

My son finally received his diploma for his Bachelor's in Environmental Biology. He had a class waiver for the physical portion of his Phys Ed requirement because of his Crohn's Disease, but at the last minute some third department doctor, who hadn't been in on any of the committee evaluations for the waiver, decided Baz could have done weight-lifting, or Tai Chi, but it was past time to be able to register for classes. It was his final semester so he would have had to pay an exorbitant amount to take one of those as a single class during the next semester. He had to reapply for a committee evaluation and after all this time it was found that this doctor had no jurisdiction over my son's waiver. She is a sports injury doctor who decides waivers due to injuries. What makes me even angrier, is when Baz emailed her explaining why he was given the waiver, and that it was his last semester and she was putting him in a difficult spot, she sent a rather rude email back. I told him to attach that email to his re-evaluation application, so the committee could see her unprofessionalism, but like a true Hufflepuff he didn't want her to get in trouble. I don't understand why physical education is required in college anyway. They are adults.
Barring all unforseen catastrophes he should be starting his Master's degree studies in Sustainable Communities this fall. His two main interests are urban gardens and inner city green spaces.


I've been participating in the seven days of BLACKOUT 2020 by listening and amplifying on all of my social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Instagram. Here's a little something Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS shared on Facebook that we can use when we see people saying "all lives matter".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.