Wednesday, May 29, 2019

MY WEEKLY PULL - Manga. Comics. Graphic Novels.

MY WEEKLY PULL
BOOKS FROM THE BACKLOG
CAN'T WAIT WEDNESDAY

I usually link up with Lindsi, from DO YOU DOG EAR's, MY WEEKLY PULL meme on my TMT post on Tuesdays, but I had a big pull this week and also some questions. There's a graphic novel that's been sitting on my Kindle forever for BOOKS FROM THE BACKLOG, plus, I have a stellar graphic novel waiting-for for CAN'T WAIT WEDNESDAY! Here we go...



MY PULL

My HOOPLA haul! I have been so busy with ARCs that I still had all five of my Hoopla borrows to use before the end of the month, so I grabbed these, and an audiobook. And yes, I know I had marked Giant Days Volume 4 as read on Goodreads, but I had less than ten pages left to read, and when I went to read them the borrow had expired! April was a foggy month for me. Ha ha.



MY BACKLOG BOOK

I have had this on my Kindle for going on two years. One of the problems with that fad of putting graphic novel and manga type covers on novel length Fiction was I thought this was a novel up until last year. Now I have no excuse because not a lot of time will be needed to read it.



⚫ MY WAITING ON ⚫

This July, HarperCollins is releasing a graphic novel adaptation of the film PAN'S LABYRINTH by Guillermo del Toro. Del Toro writes it along with Cornelia Funke, the author of the INKWORLD series. As well as adapting the film’s story, the book will feature new short stories which add to the world of Pan’s Labyrinth. I have requested it on Edelweiss. Fingers crossed!





As I was perusing Hoopla looking for borrows, I saw they have the complete SAGA series.

I see a lot of my Goodreads friends have loved it, but will I love it? Let me know in the comments. I do love the artwork!


I'm also looking at these standalones which were available...




Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky.

Do you like manga, comics, or graphic novels?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.