Sunday, May 19, 2019

BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES & GARDENS - May 2019 Edition

MAY 2019 EDITION

This is a monthly sister blog feature for my popular Facebook page BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS. My followers asked for it, and so it was granted! Jump on your broomstick and fly on over to Facebook and join in on all the fun we have; especially during the fall and winter holidays



The school year is over here in the Magic City, Upstate New York, and my wandlore students sat their final exams last week. I am happy to announce, although there were two students with dreadful grades, no one outright failed their course work. Well done!




After the fiasco of ordering a Wizarding Wand from Geek Gear, the extra expense of having it shipped from the UK, and being seriously disappointed in its quality; I have a new magical lifestyle motto: quality over quantity! I also want to start purchasing exclusively from Etsy crafters and small independent sellers on Amazon. I need to figure out Ebay purchasing for independent crafters because most of the Harry Potter licensed merchandise I have bought, as of late, has been of low quality and frankly for the price... a rip-off. This is why I splurged with my last mundane world income tax refund (happily retired pretend muggle), and bought a one-of-a-kind handcarved wooden wand from ORION WANDS on Etsy. I received a small discount for promising to attribute the wand every time I feature it in a photo on Instagram.

I had buyer's remorse about the purchase at first, but when it arrived and I saw how beautiful it was, I fell deeply in love. I will be doing a separate post about the details of the wand, the properties of the naturally purple wood, and the aspects of the core feather; next month. With better pictures! It has been dreary, rainy dark weather here; wonderful for reading, but disastrous for photography.

I'll be doing one non-book quality wizarding lifestyle purchase a month. On my magical radar for next month...







These are OREOS'® COMMEMORATIVE APOLLO MOON LANDING 50th anniversary Marshmallow Moon cookies. I love the purple filling! They will appear on store shelves mid-June, and I am going to buy some extras and throw them in the freezer for an October witches tea party! Do you like Oreos®?





Summer is sneaking up on us and we need to protect our magical selves from the sun! My trip to The Wizarding World may be a ways off, but I might be buying these soon to use in magical Bookstagram and Pottergram photo shoots. What do you think?





I know many of you have been seeing these popping up all over magical media. Pottermore and Warner Brothers Entertainment launched a joint website recently, WIZARDING WORLD, that looks to be where our personal magical identity (house, wand, patronus) will reside from now on; hashtagged on social media as #MyWizardingWorld. Some commenters on THE LEAKY CAULDRON.ORG's, instagram post are also thinking it may become connected to WIZARDS UNITE, a Pokemon Go type game play app, which has been beta tested the last few months, and should be launched soon.


INSTAGRAM

It took three days and five different codes for me to finally register my account. Others have had problems, too. You can transfer your Pottermore profile and keep your house, wand, and patronus, or you can start fresh with a new profile. You just have to use a different email address.









I bought these used from BETTER WORLD BOOKS at $5 each for Bookstagram/Pottergram photos; thinking the stupefy notebook would be written in, and the other two books would not have all of the paper replica inserts still intact, but the notebook was brand new in its shrink wrap with paper ribbon, and both books were pristine! They had all of the ephemera I wanted to use as photo props intact! Newt Scamander's Scrapbook has envelopes for all of the paper inserts I am interested in using as props, but most of the replicas in the Film Wizadry book are glued in, so I bought another $5 used one from BWB to keep this one untouched. I wasn't so lucky the next time. The second book is beat up, but still has all the items, so I guess that's all that really matters!

I bought a Harry Potter themes music book for soprano recorder. I'm living the magical life. Ha ha!


I have so many new collectors Harry Potter books coming in the next few days, including the Welsh language version of Philosopher's Stone, that I will be posting a special Harry Potter edition Stacking the Shelves next month.





Have a magically witchy month, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.