Tuesday, February 26, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #237 - Last. Now. Next - My Weekly Pull

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SEVEN
MY WEEKLY PULL

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT


★★★
(2.5)
ADULT LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
FAMILY/DEPRESSION/ADDICTION
Published February 5th - Physical ARC - Publisher
This was a solid disappointment. It should have been whittled down to the strong impactful writing and published as a novella or even better, a short story. Readers were giving it extra stars because it took years to write. Why should it get extra stars for that?

★★★★★
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
 VERSE
BLACK CULTURE
Published 2018
THIS BOOK IS BRILLIANT!
I suggest listening to the audiobook with the author narrating. I borrowed mine from Hoopla.



NONFICTION
BIOGRAPHY/MEMOIR
Karen, one of my favorite booktubers from RUNWRIGHT READS, is reading Maya Angelou's I KNOW WHY THE CAGED BIRD SINGS on her YouTube channel. I have been meaning to read this book FOR-EV-ER and this is an extra special way to experience it. You can access the playlist: HERE. We are on chapter seventeen.

YOUNG ADULT
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
FAMILY - FRIENDSHIP
Publishes February 26th - Netgalley
Once again I am disappointed by a Zentner book after his fabulous first YA novel THE SERPENT KING. While his second book suffered from a flimsy, almost unbelievable premise, this book is wholey abysmal. The characters are like comical cartoon characters, and present US teens as silly and airheaded. The similes and metaphors are eye-rollers, too. 


MEMOIR
BLACK CULTURE
This will probably be my last Black History Month read. I might start the last Binti book, but I know I most likely won't finish it before March.


YOUNG ADULT
THE DARKEST MINDS #4
DYSTOPIAN
I am going to be starting this for my buddy read with Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS. I was going to start it a couple of weeks ago, but the Kingdom of Copper book put me in a reading slump, so I got behind with ARCs and needed to try and catch up. Which, by the way, I still haven't.





MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky.

ADULT
VOLUME ONE
SCIENCE FICTION
★★★★
I loved this. The way the character's expressions conveyed emotion was stellar.

★★
(2.5)
ADULT? MIDDLE GRADE?
VOLUME ONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
This book was having an identity crisis!


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.