Tuesday, February 12, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #235 - Last. Now. Next.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY-FIVE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★★★
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
TRINADAD/BLACK CULTURE
Published February - Netgalley
I really struggled with what to rate this book because I think the author is not Black. She lived in Trinadad, but did she live in a Black community like the one portrayed? The story was good, but I have to think about how authentic the portrayal is if she didn't experience it herself. The ending was also very confusing.

★★★★★
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION - 1970s
BLACK CULTURE
I loved and adored BROWN GIRL DREAMING, and this book was more of the same stellar storytelling!

★★★
(2.5)
YOUNG ADULT?
BINTI TRILOGY BOOK ONE
SCIENCE FICTION
POC AUTHOR/OWN VOICES
This book has wonderful concepts, but the story telling is seriously lacking. The sequel is much better, but I hear the final book is more disappointing than the first.

★★★
(3.5)
YOUNG ADULT?
BINTI TRILOGY BOOK TWO
SCIENCE FICTION
POC AUTHOR/OWN VOICES



NONFICTION
BIOGRAPHY/MEMOIR
i am watching, Karen, one of my favorite booktubers from RUNWRIGHT READS, read Maya Angelou's I KNOW WHY THE CAGED BIRD SINGS on her YouTube channel. I have been meaning to read this book FOR-EV-ER and this will be an extra special way to experience it. You can access the playlist: HERE.

MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY REALISTIC FICTION
FAMILY/BULLYING
IMMIGRANTS - SYRIAN
Published February 5th - Netgalley
My current ARC. The dog in the book is a large Golden Retriever, the dog on the cover is not! Ha ha. This counts towards Barb's February THEY CALL IT PUPPY LOVE READING CHALLENGE on BOOKER T'S FARM.
If you've read, or are going to read, any books with dogs or cats in them, or on them, hop on over and sign up!



LOVE STORY - Valentine's read
THE DARKEST LEGACY - buddy read with Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS
BLACK HISTORY MONTH TBR


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.