Tuesday, July 3, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #204 - Last. Now. Next. - June Reading Wrap-Up

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND FOUR
JUNE READING WRAP-UP
MID-YEAR TOTALS

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!



★★★★★
This is the second book in THE DARKEST MINDS series. I am participating in a read-a-long on Cyra's blog, RATTLE THE PAGES. I should be starting IN THE AFTERLIGHT in a few days! This counts towards my Beat the Backlist Challenge.

This book was a writing disaster. If it had not been a review book I would have DNFed it very early on. At least it counts towards Beat the Backlist.



BIOGRAPHY
MUSIC
NEW YORK CITY
This is a backlist Netgalley review book (it wasn't an ARC). I am loving it! It's so much more than a bio of Harry and Stein; it gives a detailed timeline of events in the NYC music scene at that time, concerning underground and fringe genres, and their performers. The authors also give glimpses into the signature sounds of some of these bands, the whys and hows, and even some recording background information. It's brilliant! This is also a Beat the Backlist and my current Summer in the City title.

MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
FANTASY
Publishes: July 24, 2018 - Edelweiss
I loved this author's book, THE THICKETY, even though I thought it was too dark and gruesome for a Middle Grade, and would have made the perfect YA Fantasy by boosting the MC's age a couple of years. However, with this book, after a wonderful start, only three chapters in it's gotten a bit boring. I hope it picks back up soon. This is my current ARC.



NONFICTION
NEW YORK CITY
This will also be a qualifying BtB Challenge book and my next Summer in the City read.


I READ THREE BOOKS IN JUNE
Bleh, I know! Between my blogging meltdown and the never-ending torture chamber that was You Were Made for This, which I kept dreading picking back up, about half the month got eaten up with a slump. At least it started and ended with five star reads!

REVIEW ARCS
THE WITCHES OF NEW YORK ★★★★★


BEAT THE BACKLIST CHALLENGE

THE WITCHES OF NEW YORK - 2017
(it was a backlist ARC)

NEVER FADE (The Darkest Minds #2) - 2013
★★★★★

14/50
TEAM
I really need to step up my game!


Also, it's the midway point in the reading year and although I am not doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge, I do have it set to one book so I can use it as a page counter. I thought I would share it with you today.

*This is the Goodreads generated collage, so the covers aren't clickable.
35 BOOKS
ADULT FICTION = 16
YOUNG ADULT = 10
MIDDLE GRADE = 2
CHILDREN'S CHAPTER BOOK = 2
BIOGRAPHY / AUTOBIOGRAPHY = 3
OTHER = 2
DIVERSE/ISSUE RELATED/OWN VOICES = 15

I wanted to read more Adult Fiction this year and it looks like I'm doing great!

★ = 3
★★ = 9
★★★ = 6
★★★★ = 2
★★★★★ = 15
What are you reading? Tell me!
and don't forget to enter my...
INTERNATIONAL $10 GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.