Sunday, July 29, 2018

LOOKING FORWARD - August 2018

AUGUST 2018

Now that I am only posting a wrap-up every two weeks it became apparent that I needed a monthly preview post!


SUMMER 2018 COMMENT CHALLENGE
I signed up again for the month of August Challenge hosted by A KERNEL OF NONSENSE and FLYLEF. July's challenge was a bit too challenging for me because all of my comments have not been showing up (probably going to spam) on my commenting partner's blog, so I have been having to screenshot my prepublished comments and DM them to her on Twitter. I hope August is a smoother ride. Heh heh. My August partner is Leslie from BOOKS ARE THE NEW BLACK. I'm excited to get to know her and her blog!



DOG DAYS OF SUMMER MONTH-LONG CELEBRATION
This is my second year co-hosting our annual DDOS with Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG. You can read my introduction post: HERE, and Jolene's: HERE. The two DDOS tags will be up on Monday.  Sunday, August 26th, is also NATIONAL DOG DAY, so don't forget to mark your calendars!



AUGUST BUDDY/GROUP READS
I will be reading the last book of Becky Chamber's Wayfarers series, RECORD OF A SPACEBORN FEW, with  Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS, Greg from BOOK HAVEN, and Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG. I can hardly contain myself because the first two books were primo!


I am also buddy reading MISSING MIKE, a Middle Grade dog-themed Netgalley ARC with Jolene for DDOS. It publishes in September.



AUGUST ARCS
Besides MISSING MIKE, which is by the author of my top Middle Grade for 2016, ROOT BEER CANDY AND OTHER MIRACLES; I will be reading RULES OF THE RUFF; a book I saw on BOOKER T'S FARM book blog. It's also a dog themed Netgalley Middle Grade for DDOS!
It publishes August 14th.

RUST AND STARDUST publishes August 8th. I have both the eARC from Edelweiss and a physical ARC from the publisher for some Bookstagram action!


AUGUST POSTS
In addition to my regular posts, be looking out for my first Harry Potter and magical Fantasy fandom feature, THE SNIDGET.





A lot of bloggers listed their reading intentions for the second half of the year in their Mid-Year Freakout tags, but I was too lazy busy. Ha ha...

HALF YEAR READING GOALS

⚫ After I finished reading The Graveyard Book I realized how much I had been neglecting my NEWBERY AWARD CHALLENGE, so I intend to read one a month until 2019.

⚫ I want to start my re-read of Sorcerer's Stone on Back to Hogwarts Day, September 1st. I will be listening to the audiobook while following along with my illustrated edition.

⚫ I will be reading the BARTIMAEUS SERIES in a read-a-long hosted by Annemieke starting in September.


⚫ My October Halloween month theme this year is DEMONS. Some titles on my list are: ROSEMARY'S BABY (did you know it's a duology), LEGION (The Exorcist II), and whichever Bartimaeus series book we happen to be on at the time.

⚫ In November I have two buddy reads. I will be doing my annual Vonnegut's birthday celebration read with my son; this year it's CAT'S CRADLE. I'll also be buddy reading THE HOBBIT with Greg from BOOK HAVEN. Neither one of us has read it in years and years, so that should be interesting!

⚫ December will see me starting my re-read of Chamber of Secrets via audio and illustrated edition on Christmas Eve.


And of course I need to start paying more attention to my BWB reading challenge...


Are you doing any holiday themed reading in October or December?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.