Sunday, June 10, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #168 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire


NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-EIGHT


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
MAY READING WRAP-UP

BOOKSTAGRAM BOOST
JUNE EDITION



I received an email from a publisher, which I am auto-approved for on Edelweiss, saying they are now on Netgalley. They are a Graphic Novel and Children's picture book company. There were "DOWNLOAD N0W" links to several NG titles, so I hit the button on one that looked interesting only to find out it was not Kindle downloadable. Some of you know why I need Kindle copies, and if you don't... long story short I have some physical problems that make reading on a laptop very uncomfortable. I even do 99% of my job on a tablet now, too.


So I emailed her to see if she could take it off my Netgalley account, or send me a physical copy to review, also explaining why the computer download was not an option. This was her reply...

I replied...
She replied...

I replied...
She replied...

She basically called me a liar, so because I was (and notice I said "was") pre-approved on Edelweiss I went and downloaded some older titles and sent her these...
DRC = Digital Review Copy


And this to show her they are all there...

She hasn't responded, but it's been the weekend, so I'll give her until the middle of next week until I look for another publicist to talk to. The old publicist was super nice. He even sent me hardcovers of some of the books when I told him I give the children's titles I receive to our local nonprofit nursery school.

BUT...

What did I find out when I went to see if the newer titles would load to my Kindle? There are now no "download" buttons for me on them, so I am no longer pre-approved! Did she do that? I hurried to download the rest of the older titles and I got all but two. Two of them that still had "download" buttons for me said this after I clicked...
I also found out from going to Edelweiss that Penguin has taken over the US distribution of Nobrow and Flying Eye, so maybe I'm just not Big Five worthy of being pre-approved; and here I was getting all excited that they would also pre-approve me on Netgalley and I would finally get that badge.
*sighs*

⚫⚫⚫


The Manchild found my precious paperback copy of WINESBURG, OHIO in a storage box when he was looking for my old high school copy of To Kill a Mockingbird, huge coffee stain and all, ha ha. This was required reading for an American Lit course I took in college, and it is one of my best loved books of all time. I even did my final analysis paper for the course on the hand imagery and symbolism in the unified short stories. I am going to do a re-read soon, but I am a little bit afraid it won't be as wonderful as I remember. We still haven't found my To Kill a Mockingbird paperback.





 FROM PUBLISHER
These were my Children's book spoils from the giveaways I won from an authors' takeover event on a Facebook indie promotions group I am in. I also won $35 dollars in Amazon gift cards, which I spent on a soft box photography light for taking Bookstagram photos! I got another good swag haul from the Monsterland books author too, from this takeover, but I still need help taking photos because of my shoulder and I don't want to push the Manchild's good graces too far, ha ha, so I'll get those pics next week. After I read and review all of these books they will be going to a nonprofit daycare and a community center's Little Free Library.

I guess Random House had leftover ARCs. Heh heh. IRON GOLD published in January.
*giant eye-roll*




THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
 Special 200th TMT Edition
GIVEAWAY

*There will always be a chance of a third random: CONVERSATIONSTAG YOU'RE ITDOWN THE TBR HOLE, RAVE/RANT REVIEW, AS SEEN ON TV, THE SNIDGET, or PIN IT. HAUL IT. DO IT! post.

Have a stupendous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.