Thursday, February 8, 2018

DOWN THE TBR HOLE TWO

NUMBER TWO

I stumbled upon this Goodreads TBR clean-up feature on THE BENT BOOKWORM. It originated on the blog LOST IN A STORY.
When I was new to Goodreads I randomly put a 100 book limit on my TBR, but after I started blogging that went out the window. I was able to keep it under 300 by deleting one when adding one, and only putting one book of a series on my shelf at a time, but a couple of years ago my TBR exploded to over 500 books! I remedied this by making a LOOKS INTERESTING category. It helped, but my "To Reads" still scurry around between 300 and 400 most of the time.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR SINCE I FIRST DID THIS!
THE RULES:
1. Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
2. Order on ascending date added.
3. Take the first five - ten books.
4. Start where you left off the last time.
5. Read the synopses of each book.
6. Decide to keep it or let it go.

Last time I sorted the 14 books remaining from what I added my first day on Goodreads. You can see that post: HERE. I am going to change this feature up a little and use my LOOKS INTERESTING shelf instead. I think there will be more motivating progress this way, and when I am done I can start on my To Read shelf.

"Who really stole the Queen's tarts? Whatever did become of the Walrus & the Carpenter after their nefarious jot down the briny beach with the little Oysters? Is there truly any sense to be found in nonsense at all? Come follow Alice down the rabbit-hole once again as Lewis Carroll's timeless classic is reimagined through the lyrical language of Wonderland..." - Goodreads
I shelved this in June of 2013. I think I was still in my Alice in Wonderland  / Splintered trilogy induced euphoria. This is not really my thing, so buh-bye.

I love the movie and I adored the book, so this picture book version is a keeper!

Well... this is gods and goddesses mixed with zombies, and I think time travel? Three of my least favorite elements. What was I thinking? Not even this great POC cover can save it. That's probably why I added it in the first place. A bientot!


GOODREADS
I'm not sure what I was thinking here either, with a toothfairy re-telling. It does sound interesting, but I plan on reading more Maguire in the future, so I'm sure this will pop up somewhere else in my bookish travels. Toodles!


GOODREADS
"Psychic Mira Tejedor possesses unique talents that enable her to find anything and anyone, but now she must find a comatose boy wandering lost inside the labyrinth of his own mind." - Goodreads
Hmm... I'm on the fence about this one. The rest of the summary makes it sound dreadfully close to the movie THE CELL, which I loved, so I'm sweeping it off the list.


GOODREADS
I'm sure if I ever get in a Shakespeare specifics mood again this might be handy, but Google would probably give the same results, so... good day to you, sir!


GOODREADS
I was thinking about keeping this YA, but then I saw readers had shelved it as Romance, so away it goes!


GOODREADS
This is a graphic novel and it's been shelved by readers on Goodreads as both MG and YA. I think I put it on there as a library look-for with my two little munchkin charges in mind, so I think it should stay.


GOODREADS
I didn't realize this was by the author of one of my favorite Middle Grade books, The Divide, so I have re-shelved it as To Read. Oops...


GOODREADS
This book is supposed to be character driven, which is my favorite type of storyline movement. I have it on my Kindle and I think I have the hardcover in my trade/giveaway pile. Heh heh. It was also compared to Ursula Le Guinn works, so I think I will move it to my To Read shelf. Ha ha. Gone, but not gone.

LOOKS INTERESTING SHELF
BEGINNING TOTAL
316

MINUS
8
(two moved to to-read, ha ha)

CURRENT TOTAL
308

In actuality, six of ten unloaded from Goodreads. Not too shabby.

Is your Goodreads "to-read" shelf out of control? Do you have a limit you stick to? Have you read any of the books I banished? Do you suggest I put any back, or get rid of one I kept?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.