Tuesday, June 20, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #151 + TTT Starting Series

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-ONE
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

▪ ▪ ▪
Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


★★★★★
Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS and I buddy read this fourth book in the Tiffany Aching DISCWORLD arc. We have buddy read all but the first Tiffany book and plan to read the last one together, too. We just love the Big Wee Hag to pieces.



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
ISSUE RELATED
RACISM/CLASSISM
BIRACIAL CHILDREN
NETGALLEY ARC
This is set in 1992, the year my son was born. So far there are five different POVs: a teenage girl, a middle-aged man, a senior citizen, a middle-aged woman, and a sixth grade boy. It is a very interesting story. There is way more sex in it than I expected, but it isn't taking away from the issue elements in the story like in the book I recently read, City Mouse.

This is by the author of THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY. I saw just now, when getting the image from Goodreads, that this is book number two, but it doesn't matter because it is a dictionary of made up words. It is pretty funny, but I wouldn't pay full price for it. I got it for $1.99 and that is a good price. It is still on sale right now if you are interested.

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
SCIENCE FICTION
Heather from RANDOM REDHEADED RAMBLINGS was raving about her ARC, so I ran to Netgalley and requested it. It published June 1st.

I have at least the first book in all of these series.

By Alexandra Bracken
I have all three of these as ebooks thanks to the urging of Cyra from RATTLE THE PAGES.

By William Ritter
I had the first book as an ARC from Netgally that I never got around to, and since then I have picked up the first three as $1.99 ebooks here and there. I just requested the last title on Netgalley.

3. THE CHAOS WALKING TRILOGY
By Patrick Ness
Everyone has been raving about these books. I have all three as ebooks. I bought one and three for $1.99, so it wasn't too painful to buy the second book for $6.99.

4.THE DIRK GENTLY TRILOGY
By Douglas Adams
These titles make me laugh because if I was a boy my name was going to be Dirk. Ha! I am so happy I was not a boy. I am sure I would have been called Dirk the Dork in school. I have the first two books in an ebook bundle I bought for $1.99. These books are by the author of THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY.

5. THE PASSAGE TRILOGY
By Justin Cronin
I have the first two titles as audiobooks.

6. THE RED RISING QUARTET
By Pierce Brown
I have the first two books from Netgalley. I have since bought the first book as a $1.99 ebook.

7. THE THEMIS FILES
By Sylvain Nuvel
I have both books: SLEEPING GIANTS and WAKING GODS from Netgalley. I don't know if it is a duology, or more.

8. THE SEED TO HARVEST QUARTET
By Octavia E. Butler
Both Talitha from VICTORIAN SOUL CRITIQUES and Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS love this author. I trust them so much I have bought ten Butler books so far! I have all four of these titles. I bought them as an ebook bundle for $3.99.

9. THE TIMEKEEPER TRILOGY
By Tara Sim
The first book comes highly lauded by Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS. I hope I love it because the cover is beautiful and I want it on my bookshelf. I got the ebook on sale for $1.99 a while back. The second book publishes this fall.

10. THE SIX OF CROWS DUOLOGY
By Leigh Bardugo
I love the Grishaverse! I nabbed the first ebook for $1.99 a couple of weeks ago.
What are you reading, and what is the next series you want to read? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.