Tuesday, April 25, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #143 + TTT

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-THREE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

▪ ▪ ▪
Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

5564879
 GOODREADS
⭐⭐⭐⭐
I was really in deep with Maguire's Oz after finishing my re-read audiobook listen of Wicked, and then listening to my audiobook of this sequel. I have the fourth book, Out Of Oz, but not the third title, A Lion Among Men. The ebook wasn't cheap enough for my wallet, so I am going to see if the library has the audiobook when I visit on Saturday. I will tell you, I was having shakey Oz withdrawals!

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Someone was mentioning the BBC shows for the His Dark Materials series and the upcoming new books about Lyra, so I decided to get books two and three read. I have an ebook bundle I bought a couple of years ago for $3.99. I am reading book three, The Amber Spyglass, and it is definitely different than the first two titles. Hmm...

⭐⭐⭐⭐
I adored this book and was more than upset about the reviews berating it because they weren't getting it. It is heartwarming and has an important message to convey. The idea of the special language is fresh and clever, not "stupid" and "dumb" as some reviewers said. I am sad that so many people have said they aren't going to try it because of these reviews.

GOODREADS
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
DIVERSE
ISSUE RELATED
I took a break from this, but I started it again earlier today.

YOUNG ADULT
SERIES BOOK THREE
FANTASY/SCIFI
RELIGIOUS PHILOSOPHY?
This book got freaky-deaky! I think Pullman was eating shrooms. Ha ha. 

You are going to get sick of seeing this book! Ha!
ADULT LIT
ANTHOLOGY
ESSAYS
MEMOIRS
This title is from title from Blogging For Books.

In no particular order...
1. Werebeasts of any kind.
2. Human form dragons.
3. Wartime Historical Fiction.
4. Full on ROMANCE, ugh.
5. Cozies.
6. Murder Mystery.
7. Child/animal abuse related. I can't handle it.
8. Erotica.
9. Non Own Voices contemporary cultural issues.
10. YA vampires.

What are you reading, and what turns you away from a book? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.