Sunday, April 9, 2017

BOOK BLOGGER HOP #5 - Which Author Would You Meet?

NUMBER FIVE
WHICH AUTHOR WOULD YOU MEET?

l

BOOK BLOGGER HOP is hosted by Billy at Ramblings From A Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog. This week's question was submitted by Kirstin from LUKTEN AV TRYKKSVERTE.

⚫ 

IF YOU COULD MEET ANY AUTHOR, DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD IT BE?

I'm going to chop this question up into three answers...
1926 - 2016
Not only would I love to ask her about her childhood and friendship with Truman Capote, but also all of the shenanigans surrounding GO SET A WATCHMAN, which I will never read; and this new mysterious second manuscript her lawyer supposedly found in her safe deposit box, after she had a stroke and could not communicate any longer. She always said that TKaM was the only book she had ever written and did not intend to publish anything else. This quote was also in her Goodreads bio, but disappeared after the publisher received the first "found" manuscript. I have so many questions.

Hinton would not have been my pick a couple of months ago because although I loved this book, there are other books by living authors I have loved more. However, after seeing her mob bashed on Twitter for not having a gay character in The Outsiders (which, by the way, was published in 1967), and those mob fires being fanned by new Contemporary YA writer Adam Silvera (I will never read another book penned by him), I would love to interview her about how she felt being attacked with a young male author at the helm of the mob. I felt horrible because he was quote RTing her tweets out of context and then adding text to make it look like she was referring to something totally different. She was even trying to stop people from twitter bashing him back, but he still continued. I don't understand because: one the book was written 50 years ago, and two not all Contemporary YA books written now have gay characters in them. I managed to get a screenshot of the quote RT I confronted him about before all of his RTs were conveniently deleted, and I have been planning on doing a blog post about it. An interview would be remarkable.

This is one of my indie authors. I stumbled across her first book being talked about by another author at a time when I was in a terrible reading slump. The ebook was on sale, so of course I snapped it up. I immediately connected with it. We became friendly and she still loved me even after I tweeted the title of the first book as Of Unbreakable Things, more than once; and spelled her name A. Lyndon and A. Lyndin a few times. Ha ha. I not only want to meet her to discuss her brilliant magical system, but also to meet her new daughter, Mia, my birthday twin, and give her a big squishy hug. I need to meet her two boys, too. They have the most fabulous and infectious smiles.
Who would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.