Sunday, December 11, 2016

THE SUNDAY POST #90

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.

Last. Now. Next.
I tell you what my next buddy read is and with whom.

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY
December 2016

CHALLENGES UPDATE
November 2016

THURSDAY THOUGHTS
Changing Reading Habits

THE SATURDAY SATIATION
Cookbook Review
Le Pigeon: The Cookbook

I started drafting my challenges post for 2017. I am doing a personal challenge of limiting myself to one ARC a month. I am calling it the One For Twelve Challenge. It will have other components, such as listening to an audiobook a month, and doing one reread a month. I will also be doing the BRITISH BOOK CHALLENGE.
▪ ▪ ▪
I am NOT doing the Goodreads Challenge next year. I am going to set it to one book and use it only as a counter. I will be doing a Thursday Thoughts about my decision.
▪ ▪ ▪
I am also going to kick off two no-time-limit personal challenges. One is to read all 95 Newbery Medal Winners, and another is to read David Bowie's List of 100 books. I will be doing blog pages for these challenges with link-ups if you want to join me!
▪ ▪ ▪
I will also be doing Katherine from I WISH I LIVED IN A LIBRARY's Pinterest challenge 52 PINS IN 52 WEEKS!
▪ ▪ ▪
I started a new foodie feature called THE SATURDAY SATIATION so I can start blog reviewing all of the lovely cookbooks I have gotten as Kindle deals and review ARCs.
▪ ▪ ▪
I started a page for my bookish photos called PICTURE THIS... because the Kindle tablets do not have a proper IG app, and I wanted to link up with Ronyell from RABBIT EARS BOOK BLOG's meme BOOK PHOTO SUNDAYS.

It is cold. Minus zeroes with wind chill factors. I made it out for Friday Night Martini Girls, and yes, the snowy scenery on the above walk to the bar was beautiful, but I think it's my last one until the spring birds sing in April.


BOUGHT EBOOKS
TIMEQUAKE
GALAPAGOS
MOTHER NIGHT
WELCOME TO THE MONKEY HOUSE
I picked up four more books for my Vonnegut Read-A-Thon next November. I am a little worried though because I just saw that someone complained about the formatting on these Rosetta titles. I think I have eight Vonnegut's from Rosetta. I had better take a look before I buy any more. They were still $1.99 at the time of this post.
It is still $1.99 today 12/11/16.

My eyes were on this book because I had seen some great reviews for it, and I want to read more SciFi next year. Greg from BOOK HAVEN's review, HERE, cinched it for me. This title was still $1.99 when I posted.

ARCS NETGALLEY

On Wednesday I received a notification that Netgalley emailed, and I went to see what book I requested had been approved or denied. The email turned out to be a heads up that THE BONE WITCH was a Read Now for the first 500 people requesting. Well, the entire site was down the first nine or ten times I tried. Then when I did get on the site would crash before I could get to the request page. I don't know how many times that happened. Next, I could get to the request page, but when I clicked request it would crash on the next page were they ask about cover, description, etc..., ha ha. It was a good thing Wednesday was a work from home day because the site kept crashing and crashing. When I finally did get to tap the final request button I didn't think it went through because I didn't get the Kindle download message at the top of the screen, but when I checked my documents, there it was! The real guffaw was less than an hour later my Edelweiss request was approved.

WON
I won this personalized softcover from the author. She had a holiday giveaway for her Shadow League team members. I was over the moon with joy because not only is this one of my all time favorite fairytale retellings, I think it just might be my favorite cover art of all time, too!

MONDAY MUSIC MUSES
Bob Dylan's Nobel Prize in Literature and Patti Smith's musical tribute.

TELL ME TUESDAY

WHATEVER WEDNESDAY
Down the TBR Hole #1

THURSDAY TAG
This Is My Genre, Tell Me Yours

THE SUNDAY POST
Have a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.