Wednesday, June 8, 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY #1

I have decided to jump on the WOW wagon! This feature is hosted by BREAKING THE SPINE. I will only be posting this feature once a month on the first Wednesday of the month. I know, I know, last Wednesday was the first, but I just now decided to do this, so...

"There are winged horses that live in the mirrors of Briar Hill hospital. In the mirrors that line its grand hallways, which once belonged to a princess. In those that reflect the elegant rooms, now filled with sick children. It is her secret." - Goodreads
 Don't you love and adore this cover?! I requested it on Netgalley AND it has the honor of being the first physical ARC I have ever requested from a large publishing house because... that cover! I haven't requested physical ARCs before because of precious shelf space in our small apartment, but this one is stellar.
It publishes October 11, 2016.

"When 13-year-old Lily's inventor father vanishes after a Zeppelin crash, Lily's determined to hunt down the truth behind his disappearance, helped by Robert, the local clockmaker's son, and her wily mechanical fox Malkin. But shadowy figures are closing in and treachery lurks among the smoky spires of London - along with a life-changing secret." - Goodreads
Again, COVER! I also love it when a cover grabs me and then the Goodreads, or Netgalley/Edelweiss, summary is wonderful. Trying to get an ARC of this one is tricky though because it is a UK small publishing house offering and the author doesn't know if, or when, it will be listed on Edelweiss or Netgalley. All I can do is keep checking. Which reminds me... *runs off to do an eARC sweep*
If anyone happens to stumble across this on Edelweiss or Netgalley, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
It publishes September 1, 2016

What are you waiting on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.