Tuesday, September 15, 2015

TELL ME TUESDAY #61

TELL ME TUESDAY is a feature that oozed from my post Twitter party fried-brains. It is a weekly, or bi-weekly feature (depending on your reading style), where you tell us what you are reading now, and why, and what you will be reading in the future from your tbr pile, and why. I am oh so curious why people read what they read. So tell me!

Joining us this week...
Shannon from REX ROBOT REVIEWS with her 31st TMT post!

Go have a look at their grabs and tell them yours.

If you haven't been here since Sunday afternoon this is your first time seeing the new header. I wanted something new and fresh before my Blogversary post on Saturday. After having five different mastheads in my first year of blogging, I am rewarding myself for not changing it at all this last year. No worries though, La La and her latte cup will still be my online avatar, and will replace Chauncey the Frenchie as my post ender image. The TMT feature graphic is the only current meme image that has survived all the changes. Please bear with me because any and all of the changes are likely to change again in the next few days. I already have plans to change the new The Sunday Post graphic already!

Right now I am reading an eARC of THE HEART GOES LAST by The Handmaid's Tale author, Margaret Atwood, which publishes on the 24th. There is something about this book that annoys me. I cannot quite put my finger on it. The writing is on the plain side, but there is also something else because the story could be fascinating, but it just hangs there like an unsuccessful sneeze.
Did anyone read The Handmaid's Tale? Was the writing style simple? I saw the movie and loved it, and have always planned on reading the book, but if the writing is the same as this I don't think I want to. Although I have seen several Goodreads reviews that said they have loved her other work, but not this one.

 
Next I am forced to read THE RULES FOR STEALING STARS because it publishes on the 28th and I realized today (when I was on Edelweiss requesting even more eARCs *smacks self in head*) I have quite a few books due for early October. I had set this book aside because it was painfully slow to start, so I hope it picks up the pace quickly.


Chauncey wants to know what you are reading. 
So tell us!



8 comments:

  1. I'm devouring the ARC of The Mirror King, and it's keeping me in stitches! The tension! The stakes!
    I really like the new look of the blog and I adore the new badge you've chosen for my bloggy link! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the sequel to the Orphan Queen! I didn't read TOQ because I need to pick and choose my series starts; I have so many to finish. If I ever tire of reading so many review books, I will probably find the time to read them. Thanks, I was really proud of staying with the same masthead for a year. Lol.

      Delete
  2. I love The Handmaid's Tale. Highly Recommend! The style is simple but gripping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is like she is just scrabbling around on the surface with this one. It is like every character is a secondary character. I really want to read The Handmaid's Tale, so I am glad it is gripping because this title is not.

      Delete
  3. I have never read anything by Margaret Atwood (well there may have been a short story in high school or college but I don't remember so it doesn't count) and if I'm being honest with myself it's because people keep telling me to read The Handmaid's Tale and while I like hearing what my blogging friends tell me to read a few people in real life who annoy me said I absolutely had to read it so I've dug in my heels. And how that for a rambling sentence! I'm reading a mystery right now and I'm trying to decide on another book. Nothing's really grabbing me yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see the movie? Watch that instead because I can guarantee you will like it. The Heart Goes Last keeps getting boringer and boringer. Ha! :)

      Delete
  4. You're so lucky you get eARCs on Edelweiss so much! I only get HARPER arcs there haha. For now I'm reading ICE LIKE FIRE, but I can't get into it for some reason ;___; which is a shame because I rated the first book 5 stars. Eek.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird, people who have good luck on Edelweiss usually have bad luck on Netgalley and vice versa. I get 95% of the books I request on EW and only about 50% on NG. I have a 96% ratio on NG and a Top Reviewer badge, and it still doesn't help! Ha ha. I hate when sequels of fabulous books fall in the dump. :(

      Delete

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.