Wednesday, June 28, 2023

THE WEDNESDAY WITCH #9 - Books - Witchery Cookery - Fireflies #Witches #WitchBooks #WitchHatAtelier #TheWitchOfMaracoor #FatWitchBakery #WitcheryCookery #MagicalMavens #fireflies

 
NINE
BOOKS
WITCH HAT ATELIER VOLUME FIVE
By Kamome Shirahama
THE WITCH OF MARACOOR
By Gregory Maguire
WITCHERY COOKERY
The Fat Witch Bakery Cookbooks
THIS MAGICAL WORLD
fireflies

Hello, my magical mavens! It's Wednesday Witch time. This is a junction between my Toadstone & Bumbershoot posts and my La La in the Library posts; with a good helping of Fantasy book topics and quiet little everyday witch things.

I finished another Witch Hat Atelier Volume. It's been difficult keeping to one a month! I love this manga series and adore the artwork.
I requested a review copy of the third and final Another Day series book on Edelweiss. I hope he decides to write other The Wicked Years (Wicked) spin-off series. I have really enjoyed all of his Wizard of Oz retelling stories. Son of a witch is my favorite because it is the darkest of the books. Expected publication date: October 10, 2023. I loved the first two series covers, but I'm not fond of this one.




GOODREADS
I finally have both of the Fat Witch Bakery recipe books! The second book Fat Witch Bake Sale sat on my Better World Books wishlist forever before a used hardcover showed up.

PB&J BARS RECIPE




Do you say fireflies or lightning bugs? We call them lightning bugs here. They would amass in great numbers in our city backyard on hot summer nights when I was a child. I was allowed to collect a few in a jar and set them on my nightstand when I went to bed, and then release them in the morning, until they had gone, or I grew bored with trying to catch them. Over the years I didn't notice they had disappeared from our backyards until I had my son and was looking forward to letting him fall asleep watching a jar of lightning bugs. We moved to the countryside when he was three and there were a few blinking away in our yard, but there were so few they were too difficult to catch. Watching them was still magical, though. Five years later, during our last summer there, there was a large up tick in the fairy-like beetles. Enough banned DDT residue had finally worn off in the environment to allow the glowing insects to start thriving again. However, their numbers are declining again because of government mosquito prevention spraying projects and business/residential misting systems. They are becoming a rare sight again and areas which continue to host larger numbers have tapped into these sites as tourist attractions. Because of this a Fireflies Endangered Species Etiquette Protocol for Tourism has been developed. Do you have fireflies in your area?




STAY MAGICAL MY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.