Thursday, July 13, 2023

PAGE TURNINGS #6 Mid-Year Reading Wrap-Up #IRead #AmReading #Books

 
PAGE TURNINGS
SIX
2023 MID-YEAR READING WRAP-UP

Hello, beautiful Book Dragons and lovely Library Lions! Let's chat about my favorite subject, books!




TOTAL BOOKS READ JANUARY THROUGH JUNE


I'm still trying to keep my reading down to one book a week, but I'm nine books ahead.

MONTHLY THEME BOOKS
I am being a little more relaxed about my monthly theme reading this year. Instead of every book, with the exception of ARCs and one Nonfiction, having to fit the theme... I've dropped my expectations down to two books. I still love following my themes because it keeps my reading diversified.


JANUARY
DRAGON DAZE AND ROBOT RAVES
FUGITIVE TELEMETRY





FEBRUARY
BLACK VOICES MONTH

Two very similar books... two extremely different ratings. Writing quality matters!


MARCH
WOMEN'S MONTH
(or I guess now I have to say Biological Females' Month for my reading definition)

(a re-read with Liis and Greg)

(a re-read with Liis)
Liis, from Cover to Cover, and I are going to make this an annual Women's History Month buddy read. I've read this book at least eight times!


APRIL
DISABILITY AWARENESS MONTH
Because almost everyone focuses on mental health illnesses (even though they have their own month), and autism, during Disability Awareness Month, I like to focus on physical and non-autism cognitive disabilities.
(2.5)

Both of these books sent mixed messages about how to interact with physically disabled people. I don't think this author knows anyone with a physical disability. One of my biggest problems was that she demonized children's innocent curiosity.


MAY
ASIAN-AMERICAN, NATIVE HAWAIIAN & PACIFIC ISLANDER
HERITAGE MONTH
Convenience Store Woman had no Asian-American representation, but almost everyone else was focusing on just Asian authors, so I included it, but I'm not going to do that in the future.
(not rated)

(4.5)



JUNE
CARIBBEAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH
There is also the annual Carib-A-Thon reading challenge which takes place for ten days each June. 

(not rated)

(3.5)


SO THAT'S 18 OF 35 BOOKS READ BASED ON THEME


FULL METAL ALCHEMIST


Did you do a mid-year wrap-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.