Saturday, June 10, 2023

THE BOOK STACKS DIARY #1 - Stacking the Shelves - June 2023

THE BOOK STACKS DIARY
ONE
STACKING THE SHELVES
JUNE 2023

I haved linked up with STACKING THE SHELVES this week.

YOU CAN VIEW THE BOOK STACKS DIARY INTRODUCTION POST: HERE.


I have been buying a fair amount of books from BWB. I was ill for an extended period of time, so the sticker removal process for the former library books had been on hold for a while. This photo was about twenty-five percent of the books needing stickers removed. I'm almost done. Some need a little Goo Gone touch up. If you want to check out Better World Books, use my link and you'll receive $5 off your first $30+ order with free shipping!



BETTER WORLD BOOKS

This is the first book in a The Wicked Years spin-off series by Gregory Maguire. I cannot tell you who this character is because if you intend to read the full four book series (based on Wicked), it would be a huge spoiler!

It had this odd little half dust cover. I don't shelve my hardcovers in the living room bookcases with the dustcovers on. I do save special jackets, so I will probably save this one.

Here is the naked cover.



I have startedd collecting multiple editions of Little Women. The annotated edition is HUGE!

The naked covers as they will be shelved. I love the L.M. Alcott signature embossing on the smaller book. I will probably keep the dust covers.



This lightening-split tree, 1984 Reader's Digest, edition is my sixth Jane Eyre for my collection. All but the small edition I keep in my bedroom (upper left), are case laminate/case wrapped books with the artwork and text printed directly on the cover. I prefer these because then I don't have to worry about whether to keep the dust jackets, or not.




⚫ ARCS ⚫

This was a Goodreads win! It was perfect timing for Carib-A-Thon reading. This will go to my neighborhood community center's library when I'm finished. It publishes August 29th, 2023.


A big thank you to Akashic Books for the physical review copy I will be donating to my neighborhood community center's library, and for the Edelweiss eARC to read because my son grabbed this copy to read at work. Expected publication is July 4, 2023.





What have you added to your stack?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.