Sunday, June 4, 2023

TOADSTONE & BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY AND MAGICAL LIVING Let's Spring Into Summer 2023 #MagicAroundTheCorner #EstivalSolstice #WitchyWonderfulPicnic #WitchCrafty

  
LET'S SPRING INTO SUMMER EDITION
MAGIC AROUND THE CORNER
WITCHERY COOKERY
ESTIVAL SOLSTICE
WITCH CRAFTY

Greetings, my witchy wonderful magical mavens! This is a monthly sister blog feature for my popular Facebook page TOADSTONE & BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY and MAGICAL LIVING. My followers asked for it, and so it was granted! Jump on your broomstick and fly on over to Facebook and join in on all the fun we have; especially during the fall and winter holidays!

I am always encouraging everyone to seek out the magical places which are just around the corner from where you live! Don't wait to embrace and celebrate the inner witch and wizard in your life, only during Wizarding World trips and fantasy conventions.

We have an Imagination Forest (fairy woods) at our local zoo, Ross Park Zoo. It definitely fits the Magic Around the Corner theme!

Some whimsical yarn bombing.

More yarn bombing!

Fairy themed books for reading in the forest.

Three of my friends went to this, it was held in the Imagination Forest. It was free to the public. They said this was magical indeed!



The Estival (Summer) Solstice is June 21st. I celebrate the four astronomical events which mark the changing of the seasons. It's not a religious observance for me; I'm not Wiccan and I'm Pagan in mindset only. These are never large party-like celebrations for me, but usually humble dinners or picnics, with my guests being family and close friends. They are appreciation celebrations. We gather together to show our appreciation for each other and for the aspects of the coming season. They can be celebrated no matter what your religious beliefs.
Getting back to the bread. I try to have a bread at each seasonal celebration which has some type of nod to the season. In this case the Estival Solstice has the longest period of daylight, and marks the beginning of summer, so the sun is a perfect decoration!
I purchased this sun stencil from Breadtopia. The four piece stencil set also has the LOVE stencil I was coveting for Valentine's Day!

FLORAL ICE CUBES



I love adding edible flowers to summer dishes!






Stay magical, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.