Thursday, April 27, 2023

PAGE TURNINGS #2 - Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon - April 2023 #ReadAThon #DeweysReadAThon

 
PAGE TURNINGS
TWO
DEWEY'S 24 HOUR  READ-A-THON
APRIL 2023
I HAVE QUESTIONS
READING SNACKS

I realized the other day that my Tell Me Tuesday posts are now the only regular book posts here on the blog. In search of blog view numbers most of my post themes have evolved into fantasy living fare; the most popular post types on this site. I was thinking I needed a general book chat feature because there are times when I have thoughts of the literary kind, and bookish questions I'd like to ask. Adding these to my TMT posts would make them too long. So here we are... let's chat my friends!





Are you joining the read-a-thon?

This will be my third Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon. I can't remember my first very well. I know I read more than one book for that one, but my second one was in April 2018 and I read the behemoth 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, all 1,318 pages of it, in 23 hours!

I had some great snacks, too!

  
I've decided to start a tradition and read Dance Dance Dance, another Murakami title. This one is only 418 pages, so I also borrowed What I Talk About When I Talk About Running from Hoopla, just in case I finish the first book early. It's only 188 pages.




Sure, the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon is about reading books, but for a lot of us it's also about the snacks!

I have these three snacks on hand. I love Boylan's soda. I've never had the grape flavor before so I am looking forward to trying it. The Hapi Snacks Mixed Crackers are something my son gave to me for Easter, and I loved them so much I have had him get a can every time he goes grocery shopping. It's a variety of different flavored rice crackers and wasabi peas. I love wasabi peas. Do you?
And Cara Cara oranges, they are so sweet and tasty. They're dark pink inside; like a cross between a regular navel orange and a blood orange.



What are your go-to reading snacks? I need some more ideas before the read-a-thon starts. Are you joining this time? It starts at 8:00 this Saturday morning. If you are, are you stocking up on special snacks?






DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READ-A-THON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.