Tuesday, April 4, 2023

TELL ME TUESDAY # 397 - Last. Now. Next. - March Reading Reading Wrap-Up - Tidbits #AmReading #IRead #Reading #Books #ChrisPine

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY-SEVEN
MARCH READING WRAP-UP
TIDBITS

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!





ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CLASSIC
FEMINISM
Published 1847 - Own Ebook and Hardcovers
I buddy re-read this with Liis from Cover to Cover for Women's History Month. I finally finished! It took me a while because I was annotating. We are still discussing it. I am ordering the above edition for my Jane Eyre hardcover collection this week! I'm very excited. It's only $12.99 brand new. I received my used 1984 Reader's Digest edition, last week from Better World Books, and it's beautiful. I will get pictures soon.

(2.5)
MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
GRAPHIC NOVEL
CONTEMPORARY
MENTAL HEALTH
Published January 2021 - NetGalley ARC
The MC's reactions to the stressors she was experiencing were, in my opinion, common for preteens going into middle school, and even more common because she was also starting in a new school district where she didn't know anyone. I have my opinions about inflating the seriousness of common anxieties/nervousness and general sadness into feelings that need a doctor's care. It takes away from people who actually need help, and doesn't support resilience. This whole thing about needing to be happy 24/7 or you're clinically depressed is getting ridiculous.



MEMOIR
IRELAND
THE GREAT BLASKET ISLAND
Published 1929 - Own Ebook
Starting this year, I'm going to be reading a book set in Ireland every March. I got behind on this one, but I should be finished, soon. I love his stories about his life.
 • 
I set aside The Red Tent because I have a pile of recent ARCs to get to.



MEMOIR
KOREAN HERITAGE
ECONOMIC DISPARITY
HEALTHCARE
Publishes April 4th 2023 - Edelweiss ARC
I have decided to read this before my first intended Diversity Month book because it publishes today, and I want to stay on top of my current group of ARCs. I was perusing my invisible ARC pile and I have so many backlist review books that I might change my 2024 blog challenge theme from: A Year of Reading Middle Grade, to A Year of Reading ARCs!

q
MIDDLE GRADE
DUOLOGY ONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
DIVERSE
PHYSICAL DISABILITY
Published 2017 - Hoopla Borrow
This will be my first read for April Diversity Month.




MARCH READING WRAP-UP


BOOKS READ
SIX
(oops... getting a bit ahead of my one book a week plans)

ARCS
TWO

PHYSICAL BOOKS
NONE

EBOOKS
SIX

AUDIOBOOKS
NONE

MANGA - GRAPHIC NOVELS - COMICS
THREE

MIDDLE GRADE
THREE

YOUNG ADULT
NONE

ADULT FICTION
THREE

NONFICTION
NONE

RE-READ
TWO

FAVORITE MARCH READ
★★★★

2023
YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
BOOKS READ
16
(I'm still trying to only read one book a week, so I'm a month ahead )

NONFICTION 1/6
NATIVE AMERICAN/FIRST NATIONS AUTHORS 0/6
BACKLIST ARCS 1/6
CLASSICS 1/3
RE-READS 2/3
FREEBIES/99¢ KINDLE BOOKS 0/12

MIDDLE GRADE - 6
YOUNG ADULT - 0
ADULT FICTION - 9
NONFICTION - 1
GRAPHIC NOVELS - 5
AUDIOBOOKS - 5
EBOOKS - 11
PHYSICAL COPIES - 0
BORROWED - 9
ARCS - 4



•tidbits•
Fifteen books Chris Pine of Star Trek and Wonder Woman fame thinks everyone should read. Chris has an English degree from the University of California at Berkley.


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.