Sunday, April 16, 2023

THE SATURDAY SOUP
THREE
A SPOONFUL OF MY LIFE
ST. PATRICK'S DAY
AND A SOUP RECIPE

Welcome to The Saturday Soup! It's a floating feature I hope to post once or twice a month, but if I can't find the time there's no pressure. I will be giving a life update and sharing a soup recipe.


This month we have the Sunday Soup. Ha ha!


The first Saturday of March is Parade Day in my city. It's our St. Patrick's celebration day; that way we can get big name pipe bands like The NYPD Emerald Society Pipe Band and the Philadelphia Police & Fire Pipes & Drums to participate, otherwise they would be marching in their own cities on St. Patrick's Day. We also get a Mummers band.

BROOME COUNTY CELTIC PIPES & DRUMS
We have two Binghamton pipe bands: Broome County Celtic Pipes & Drums, and The Edward P. Maloney Memorial Pipe Band. And yes... that's snow on the ground this year!

I love that the drum major for the Broome County Celtic Pipes & Drums band is a woman! You don't see that very often. Here she is with our New York State Assembly Woman and our district's NYS Senator.

This is the Catholic AOH affiliated pipe band and police funeral band. Here is a video of the pre-parade mass grand procession.








My St. Patrick's Day t-shirt. The shirt looks black in the photo, but it's hunter green.

Our second year of drinking Barry's from the Belleek celtic knott cups I purchased last year.

This year's keepsake, I plan to make this a tradition, was an Irish three penny coin. I purchased the pendant version for myself and gave Baz the coin.

This is the opposite side of the coin. It didn't come with the copper chain.

Baz made these cute little individual sized soda breads. They looked better than in this photo! Ha ha. They were pretty tasty, too. He says he's ready to make a full sized loaf. I was coming off a series of small dislocations so we did take-out potato soup from the vegan restaurant down the street.









Did you do anything special for St. Patrick's Day?
A McDonald's Shamrock Shake, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.