Tuesday, July 23, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #258 - Last. Now. Next. MY WEEKLY PULL - Comics. Manga. Graphic Novels.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-EIGHT
MY WEEKLY PULL

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Michele from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



NOTHING
I've been trying to catch up with my son in Priory of the Orange Tree for our buddy read, after The Outside put me in a semi reading slump, and get Westside read at the same time, so neither one got finished.



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
HIGH FANTASY
Published February 26th 2019 - Owned
This was getting good, but then it slowed down again. I finally put my finger on one of the problems I'm having... It's like all of the characters are secondary characters. There isn't enough character development with the MCs to really set them apart. It's still okay, but it doesn't need to be as long as it is. There is a lot of filler.

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
FANTASY - HISTORICAL FICTION
Published May 7th 2019 - Edelweiss
I am still enjoying this atmospheric mystery!




ADULT
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION 1969
FAMILY - DOWN SYNDROME
Publishes August 9th - Edelweiss
My next ARC.




FIVE YEARS AGO...
TELL ME TUESDAY NUMBER EIGHT was posted on July 22th, 2014. I was reading a NetGalley Read Now titled Tabula Rasa. I really loved this YA that was, believe it or not, a super powers Action Thriller. The sequel, making it a duology, was a flop for me though.






MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky.

GOODREADS
MIDDLE GRADE
GRAPHIC NOVEL
STANDALONE
DIVERSE - DEAFNESS
Borrowed - Hoopla
I didn't want to post my current GIANT DAYS GN for the billionth time, ha ha, so I borrowed this MG I have wanted to read since I saw it on NetGalley a couple of years ago.

Dani over on PERSPECTIVES OF A WRITER offered up a very informative post about sequential art stories: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GRAPHIC NOVELS, MANGA, AND WEBTOONS? After reading this I was able to impress my nephew when he was talking about light novels, and I knew what they were. Thanks, Dani!




There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.