Sunday, July 16, 2017

THE SUNDAY POST #122

THE SUNDAY POST
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-TWO
THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.




LAST. NOW. NEXT.

FAVORITE READING SNACKS

PHOTOGRAPHS
DOWN TO THE OPERA CENTER

It's been ten days since I changed my RSS setting so Bloglovin' visitors have to click through to the blog to read the entire post, and my blog views are up by more than 2,000 and still climbing.

◆◆◆

I still have very few entries on my Facebook $10.00 Amazon gift card GIVEAWAY. All you have to do is like and comment on a post.

◆◆◆

I have a $75.00 Amazon gift card GIVEAWAY running on my children's book blog.


THE DOLLAR TREE
This is just the bloggy stuff I bought. Some flowers for book photos, plain wrapping paper to make mini seamless photo backdrops, a blue plate for some of my 52 Pins In 52 Weeks posts (I was also going to get a red plate and a yellow one, too, but they were out), and a little coloring book that I can use the open book pages as props. The background is a tablecloth I bought for photographing kids books. There were no high-end coloring books like Michele from IN LIBRIS VERITAS found, and there were no hardcovers of interest to me either. Last time I found two. I did get some cute socks though. Ha ha.



CURRENTLY READING
I did something I NEVER do when I have ARCs on my plate... I saw this book for $1.99, read the summary, bought it, and started reading it right away. It was very liberating!


I have an Alvarez acoustic guitar that was made in a luthier's hut "factory" in Japan by hand, but was worked on by more than one luthier and signed off by a random inspector. Alvarez also has the holy grail, so to speak, of acoustic guitars called a K.Yairi. They were made in the same luthier huts, but one person makes them from start to finish, and the head luthier, Kazuo Yairi, inspected and signed off on them... and it is my dream to own one. I saw a beautiful little 3/4 size Yairi Nocturne on the Alvarez Facebook owners group I belong to and fell in love with it.
It was basically $1,000 with shipping. Yeah *insert big frowny face* I had been wanting a small guitar for practicing that I could sit cross-legged on by bed with, comfortably. This would have killed two birds with one stone, plus you can't touch a full size K.Yairi for less than two grand. All of these guitars will keep going up in price because Kazuo died three years ago.

◆◆◆

Anyway, when I was looking to see if there were any YouTube videos of the Nocturne, there was a video of a little Washburn Rover travel guitar in the queue and I watched it. Of course there's no comparison, but the Rover is only $175.00 and comes with a hardshell travel case. The body is weird shaped which I love, and it's teeny tiny. I can keep it on my bed and pick it up on a whim and practice. I was so sad and this cheered me up. The dilemma? Blue or black?
Tell me in the comments which you would choose. I am going to order it on Monday. The Facebook consensus is blue.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
Only the book I am currently reading!

NETGALLEY
After I bitched and moaned about getting denied for this prequel to Practical Magic (and I wasn't the only one), three months later the publishers sent invitations to everyone who had reviewed her other titles on Netgalley. I am now very happy. Thank you.

BLOG OF THE WEEK
I felt really bad when I stumbled upon a new post from Nicole when I had Googled something else. I thought she had stopped blogging for a while because I was not getting any notifications in my email. What happened is she switched to self-hosting and I guess that unlinked the old service. Anyway, she has a wonderful blog that highlights a lot of diverse titles and Middle Grade, which are both high on my list as you know. She also has a YouTube channel.

◆◆◆

Here is the TRAILER for the new A WRINKLE IN TIME movie!

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

BOOK BLOGGER HOP
TOXIC BOOKS

WEEKLY WALK
PHOTOGRAPHS

THE MONTHLY MOSH
JUNE EDITION
READING WRAP-UP & STACKING THE SHELVES
$5.00 AMAZON GIVEAWAY
This will catch me up to a regular post the first Saturday in August.

THE SUNDAY POST

For a little laugh.. this post almost went live as THE SUNDAY MOIST! Heh heh. Good thing I checked the title box before I hit publish.

Have a tip-top week!
And remember, blue or black?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.