Tuesday, July 25, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #156

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FIVE
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

▪ ▪ ▪

Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
 Plus, I love her PUPDATES with photos about her foster dogs!
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


★★
This was Contemporary and so much of the action and storyline depended on huge amounts of suspended disbelief. It was a shame because it was a quirky, sentimental, statement filled book. The unrealistic elements weren't needed to build the story, they just made it super easy for her to achieve action and drama. She could have managed the same scenarios with realistic elements and a little more work. I mean, come on, the second biggest zoo in Alabama isn't going to give an all access employee ID that can open the zoo's main gate, and all the cages to the dangerous animals, to an eleven year old volunteer. They are also not going to let her assist with surgeries, and go into enclosures to "comfort" large animals in distress.

★★★★★
This was not only the last book in the Discworld Tiffany Aching arc, it was the last book Terry Pratchett wrote before he passed away. As my buddy read partner Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS said, finishing this story was "bittersweet". I will be reviewing all five Tiffany Aching books in one blog review. Annemieke and I buddy read all but the first book in this arc, so I am going to ask her five questions, and she is going to ask me five questions for my review.


I am supposed to he reading THE HUMMINGBIRD HEART because it publishes in early August and this one doesn't publish until October, but I cannot put it down! It is the prequel to Practical Magic. It's the story of Aunt Jet and Aunt Frances, and their brother Vincent. I get confused reading it though because in the book Jet is the one with black hair and Frances is the one with light hair, and in the movie this was reversed.


NEW ADULT
SERIES / COMPANION
FANTASY / PARANORMAL / STEAMPUNK
HISTORICAL
Publishes August 15th
HERE is a link to an excerpt in USA Today. I usually don't read NA, in fact, the only other NA I have read is the first book in this series, but A.G. is the reason I accidentally started this blog, and her love scenes are classy, so I will always make an exception for her. And aren't these covers lovely?
What are you reading? Tell me!
Also, I am going to be doing zombie themed reading during October and I need some more suggestions. You can see what I already have: HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.