Friday, July 14, 2017

WEEKLY WALK #4

WEEKLY WALK NUMBER FOUR
JULY 14th 2017
Jo-Ann from INSPIRATION PIE has a feature where she takes photos during her walks and posts them to her blog. I love the idea and have decided to join her. You can see her latest walk photos: HERE.

◆◆◆

Okay, so this week I am going to be a BIG CHEATER! Yep. My sister and I drove over to Recreation Park, the park made famous by the Twilight Zone episode titled Walking Distance, and when we got out of the van, the heat and humidity hit us like a wall. So, nope. I was then going to walk around the block with my son quickly at sunset, but it started to rain in torrents! So, I have decided to show you a few places (with Googled photos) I see when I walk down to the opera center, which is only a few blocks from my house.
The building is used for rehearsals, costuming, set making and educational purposes. There is a small theater space inside that they use for children's musicals, operalouges, and the like, but they perform at the large Forum theater downtown. On the same street you will find...

I love this place for small gifts. It is right next to...

St. Michael's of the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox church.
They have handmade perogies on sale during lent and Easter bread for Easter and they are devine. They have a street fair every year and hold regular community dinners for the needy.



I hung out here in my college days and my son hangs out there with his friends now.

◆◆◆

I will try not to cheat next week!

What is a favorite place near your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.