Tuesday, December 29, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #329 - Last. Now. Next. - Tidbits


LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-NINE
TIDBITS

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!





★★★
(3.5)
ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD DEATH STORY ARC
FANTASY/HUMOR
Published 1996 - Own Kindle Library
This was the December Goodreads read-along selection for the TURTLE RECALL reading challenge.
GOODREADS
★★★
CLASSIC
Published 1843 - Owned Kindle Library
I have been re-reading this every Christmas Eve for the past five years.



CLASSIC
LORD OF THE RINGS BOOK THREE
Published 1955 - Own Paperback and Ebook
Hoping to get this finished by midnight on New Years Eve to fulfill my personal challenge of accomplishing a LotR re-read for my 2020 A Year of Classic personal challenge. Send me good mojo.



ADULT LIT
THE WICKED YEARS SERIES - TWO
FANTASY
WIZARD OF OZ RETELLING
Published 2006 - Own Audio & Hardcover
I promised my son I would re-read this first thing in 2021, so I can assure him there is enough of the original Oz tie-in to keep him interested. He said the only reason he enjoyed Wicked as much as he did is because he was already familiar with the characters. I read it almost four years ago, so I need a refresher.



As you all know this year I had a personal challenge of reading all classics (pre-1970), with a few exceptions. It was pretty restrictive, so in 2021 I am going free range! I will basically be reading anything I want with the gentle nudges of my one re-read a month, one Newbery winner a month, and one Nonfiction a month... which I just might change to every two months, for next year. I am only going to request ARCs for favorite authors. If reading classics this year has taught me anything it's the less ARCs I have hanging over my head, the happier I am. This will put me in a good headspace for my decision to read all BIPOC authors in 2022!




There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.