Tuesday, July 14, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #307 - Last. Now. Next. - New To The E-Queue - What's Baz Reading?

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND SEVEN
NEW TO THE E-QUEUE
WHAT'S BAZ READING

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!





★★★
(3.5)
NONFICTION
RACE RELATIONS
Published January 2018 - Hoopla Audiobook Borrow
This wss my second I Am Listening book for BLACK LIVES MATTER. I was sure this was going to receive a five star rating from me and then the last 20% became seriously wonky; to put it mildly.



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
Published 1943 - Hoopla Audiobook Borrow
I AM LOVING THIS STORY! Why did I not read this book earlier in my life?! I have loved the movie forever. Stupid me. July is my annual Summer in the City reading month where I read books set in New York City, so this was a perfect fit for my A Year of Classics challenge.

ADULT FICTION
HARLEM RENAISSANCE
BLACK CULTURE
Published 1929 - Own Kindle Library
This is an other story set in New York City. It's about a Black Woman passing as White.



MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
NEWBERY MEDAL WINNER
Published 1967- Own Kindle Library
this is my next Newbery challenge title. It's pre-1970, too, so it counts as a classic!






GOODREADS
He finished his current Dresden Files book and started Invasion a couple of days ago. He has gotten to the first dystopian part and likes it. I couldn't stand the dystopic storyline. In looking for the cover image I see there is to be a fourth Tearling book coming out in February of 2021. Interesting.




There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.