Tuesday, May 12, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #298 - Last. Now. Next. - What's Baz Reading

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY-EIGHT
WHAT'S BAZ READING

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Drop by and let them know what you are reading!

ADULT FICTION
ROMANCE
CLASSIC
Published 1774 - Hoopla Borrow
No rating yet because I feel I must explain my loathing for this story in more detail beyond it romanticizing suicide. I am so happy he was criticized for writing it. It is touted as being the first Romance novel ever written.



ADULT LITERATURE
MENTAL HEALTH
CLASSIC
Published 1963 - Hoopla Borrow
I really like this book. It's a typical '60s Contemporary that's descriptive without being wordy or flowery. It has a good representation of psychiatric facilities in the 1960s, and I like the way Plath compares the different types of hospitals. She also shows how difficult not wanting to be the typical woman in career and interests was in society, when modern women's liberation was beginning to bloom. This story also encompasses suicide and suicidal thoughts.

Published - Free Streaming Audible
This is the first I am hearing the UK narrator; and I love him! I hate the narrator of the US books. I'm going to be looking to buy the UK audio CDs. I am upset I have already purchased the first four US audiobooks from Audible.



ADULT FICTION
HISTORICAL
STANDALONE
Published 1962 - Hoopla Borrow
Both a classic and a Mental Health Month read

ADULT FANTASY
DISCWORLD SERIES
Published 1991- Hoopla Borrow
This is the third book in the Discworld Witches story arc. I've been reading these for Annemieke's TURTLE RECALL READING CHALLENGE. I may have been buying the Gollancz design hardcovers as I have been reading them. Shh...



ADULT FANTASY
Published July 2014
It took him a while to find a way to order the next three Dresden Files books online without using Amazon, so he grabbed a book from my shelves.


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.