Tuesday, January 28, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #283 - Last. Now. Next. Reading Uodates - New to the E-Queue

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-FOUR
READING UPDATE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★★★
(3.5)
MIDDLE GRADE
SERIES/COMPANION #26
FANTASY/HISTORICAL FICTION
Published 1958 - Own Kindle Library
This showed up as a suggested book on Amazon after I downloaded the My Father's Dragon books, and it was only 99¢ so I grabbed it. It was like reading a love child of Charlotte's Web and Animal Farm, ha ha. I really liked it!

★★★★
 ADULT FICTION
ANTHOLOGY
 "HORROR"
Published February 2019 - Edelweiss
I have been trying to clean out all of my 2019 ARCs this month, and this one serendipitously fit into my classics challenge! If you want to know why I put HORROR in quotes, click on the link to my review.


MIDDLE GRADE/EARLY READER
TRILOGY #1
FANTASY
Published 1948 - Owned Kindle Library

NONFICTION
SELF-HELP
Published 2011- Own Kindle Library
This book is very strange. As you know I am following my always challenge of reading at least one Nonfiction title a month. These books do not have to be pre-1970.


ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD #1 - RINCEWIND STORY ARC #1
FANTASY/HUMOR
Published 1983 - Own Physical/Kindle Library
 The Discworld books are for Annemieke's TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE on A Dance With Books, and don't have to be pre-1970.




Some of you were wondering how I did with my 2019 Top of the TBR personal challenge. Well... ha ha, I read ON THE EDGE OF GONE and THE PASSAGE, so yes, this was an epic fail. I did start both Ptolemy's Gate and The Many Worlds of Albie Bright, but had to set them aside for ARCs, but they will be on the top of my 2021 TBR when I'm finished with my 2020 Year of Classics.



There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.