Tuesday, July 2, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #255 - Last. Now. Next. - MY WEEKLY PULL - Manga. Comics. Graphic Novels.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FIVE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★★
COLLEGE SOCIAL SCIENCE TEXTBOOK
NONFICTION
LGBTQ+
Published May 14th - Edelweiss
Well, the publisher must have realized they had made a classification mistake on their "coming soon" in Middle Grade email and on the original publishers page on Edelweiss. I still didn't rate it all that high because the whole hook was it was supposed to read more like a memoir, and quite frankly... it didn't. It was still dry and textbookish for the most part. A big thumbs down to the reviewers who did not in reality read the book; giving it five stars for being kid friendly with great illustrations. Why do people do that?

★★★★★
This was my seventh time reading Sorcerer's Stone. Last year I started listening to the US audiobook I purchased from Audible with a credit from a discounted three month membership. I bought the first three audios, but I loathe the narrator for the US books, so when I saw Kindle Unlimited had them, I uploaded it and listened to it on text-to-speech with my favorite robot reader, Joey, while following along in my illustrated edition. It just dawned on me that I can switch to a reader with a British accent! I'll do that if I get a chance to read Chamber of Secrets before my two months for 99¢ membership is over on August first.


NONFICTION - HARRY POTTER
MAGICAL HISTORY
COMPANION BOOK
Published June 27th 2019 - Kindle Unlimited borrow
There was big excitement about "new" Harry Potter books, but they weren't new; they are ebooks configured of excerpts from another book which was published in 2014, I believe, organized by subject matter. Kindle Unlimited also has the larger book, but I opted for reading one of the short books in case I didn't have time to finish the original title. So far the book has been highly problematic with interpretation of the historical texts it is based on being far fetched, and it's also deceiving because it's not written by JKR, as buyers are lead to believe, there are excerpts from the Harry Potter series used in it, but that's all.

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
HIGH FANTASY
Published February 26th 2019 - Owned
I won this hardcover and my son decided to read it, so I thought seeing I also had the ebook I bought when it was on sale for $1.99, that I would read it, too. A serendipitous buddy read if you will. I am really liking it, but Baz is on the fence so far. I think he just needs to get used to the author's tendency towards flowery writing. Ha ha.



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
FANTASY - HISTORICAL FICTION
Published May 7th 2019 - Edelweiss
I saved this ARC because July is my Summer in the City, books set in NYC, theme; however I seem to be reading everything but New York City titles. Ha! 




There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.