Saturday, July 20, 2019

MOST EXCELLENT #1 - Interesting Links (some bookish, some not) from Around the Web

NUMBER ONE
AROUND THE WEB AND THEN SOME

As many of you know I love to use my 👍✨ signature emoji mash-up when commenting on posts around the web, but did you know when I type them, in my head I am saying "most excellent"? When I use my 💜✨ combo I say "love this"! I say "go" in my head when I hit enter, too. Heh heh. However, for some reason I do not mentally shout #JazzHands when I type this favorite combination 🙌🙌🙌.  Ha ha!
Are there any weird things you do when hopping around the internet?


The third Saturday each month, here in the library, is supposed to be a BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS feature week, but it's been brain liquifyinly hot and humid, and for some reason our internet was out for about four hours yesterday, so instead I am posting this feature debut because it was almost entirely finished. The regular magical lifestyle magazine will be arriving by Night Delivery next weekend.



THE ORANGUTAN LIBRARIAN offered up a discussion post on MISCONCEPTIONS OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS.



It's that time of year again, the Mid-Year Freak-Out Tag season. G also does the August N.E.W.T.s Challenge, so if you are a Hogwarts fan make sure you check that out, too. 👍✨



NINE THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE SEMICOLON



It's Rachel, one of the YouTubers I support on Patreon. She has only been playing for three and a half years, starting at twenty two years old, and she recently covered a Folk Metal song which had multiple instruments, including a hurdy-gurdy, transcribed them into guitar parts, and played them ALL! She figured it out entirely by ear. 👍✨



Registration ends August 11th, so don't wait and miss out! This is a virtual 5K and you can complete it by running, jogging, walking, hopping, skipping... however you want and whenever you want. Jump over to the POTTERHEAD RUNNING CLUB and register today! This run benefits the CEREBRAL PALSY FOUNDATION. 👍✨



.

It's the 50th anniversary of the FIRST MOON LANDING today. I was twelve years old when Neil Armstrong stepped foot on the moon, and I remember watching it on television. I have my Tang orange drink mix, so I can make one of my signature Buzzed Aldren Martinis to celebrate the Apollo 11 achievement!



Here's a 1966 commercial touting it's great space taste. Ha ha.




There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are some of your favorite places to find interesting web content?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.