Friday, January 4, 2019

LOOKING FORWARD - What's Coming Up in 2019

THEMES. READING. FEATURES.


Welcome to my special 2019 OVERVIEW EDITION of Looking Forward.



I WILL BE READING ALL DRAGON BOOKS!





JANUARY
DRAGONS

FEBRUARY
BLACK HISTORY MONTH

MARCH
WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH
Reading women authors and books about Feminism.

APRIL
DIVERSITY AND AUTISM AWARENESS

MAY
HEALTH - MENTAL HEALTH

JUNE
CLASSICS

JULY
SUMMER IN THE CITY
Reading stories set in New York City.

AUGUST
DOG DAYS OF SUMMER
I'll be reading all dog books.

SEPTEMBER
HARRY POTTER
Reading everything Wizarding World. In fact, if I get a French copy of Philosopher's Stone I am going to attempt to read it. Ha ha.

OCTOBER
WITCHES

NOVEMBER
SCIFI MONTH
And I hate it because wintery weather makes me want to read Fantasy!

DECEMBER
CATCH-UP
Challenges and ARCs


I will be making Goodreads shelves for: FEMINISM, AUTISM, MENTAL HEALTH, and SCFI. I'll add those links when I get them set up. If you have any recommendations for any of these categories leave your suggestions in the comments!



These are books I am going to get read, no matter what, this year!



In 2017 I noticed that posts with Harry Potter and/or Hogwarts in the title garnered more views, and kept getting visited as time went on. I didn't sit down to seriously think about some type of regular monthly HP post until the fall of 2018, when I decided to do a wizarding world feature based on my Facebook magical news page, THE SNIDGET. The Potter posts were getting three times my average posts views and I figured out if I linked them back to the two larger Harry Potter fandom Facebook pages I admin: HE CAN RUN FASTER THAN SEVERUS SNAPE CONFRONTED WITH SHAMPOO, and BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY & MAGICAL HOMES AND GARDENS, they received five times the average post hits! I have cut one of my lower viewed posts, my bi-monthly THE WRAP wrap-up post, to once a month and added a wizarding world lifestyle feature based on my magical homes and gardens Facebook page. There will also be a random feature based on my CHIT CHAT posts called POTTER CHAT. And of course there's the Harry Potter blog theme for the entire month of September. This will allow me to post less while keeping my stats up.








There will also be another new floating feature...

I see a lot of interesting books while blog hopping and on Bookstagram, that are not my cup of tea, which I cannot help but think would be some of yours. These posts will showcase books I won't read, but I know some of you will love.


Because I am cutting my wrap-up post to once a month it will only feature books on my Kindle and eARCs. The photos of the physical books and bookish items I receive will be in a separate STUFFING MY SHELVES monthly post which will hook up with STACKING THE SHELVES.


 You can peruse the reading challenges I am attempting this year: HERE.



 Have you added or changed anything about your blog for 2019?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.