Tuesday, December 18, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #227 - Last. Now. Next. TOP TEN

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY-SEVEN
TOP TEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


LAST WEEK'S TMT


★★★★★
ADULT LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
Published December 4th - Netgalley
I ADORED THIS STORY!
I was worried about this book because many readers who loved the author's first novel, THE THIRTEENTH TALE, as did I, didn't care for her second book (which I have but haven't read yet).


★★★★★
PLAY
1950s HISTORICAL FICTION
ILLEGAL EUROPEAN IMMIGRATION
First published in 1955
This was for my "read a play" BWB challenge checkmark. It was rather serendipitous that it was about illegal immigration of the European kind. Italy to be exact. I listened to an audiobook from Hoopla.


YOUNG ADULT
SERIES
CONTEMPORARY FANTASY
NIGERIAN CULTURE
first published in 2011
This is the title for my "set in Africa" checkmark on the Better World Books 2018 Reading Challenge. I'm listening to an audiobook from Hoopla.


I guess for "next" I'll show you my winter TBR...

HOSTED BY
WINTER TBR

The rest of December is going to be all about completing my BETTER WORLD BOOKS Reading Challenge with these titles:
▪▪▪
A book recommended by a librarian - CITY OF BRASS
Self help - FOOD JOURNAL MAGIC
Inspired by a feature film - STAR WARS (Skywalker Strikes)
Detective protagonist - ONE IN A MILLION 
Published the year I was born - GIOVANNI'S ROOM

I have been reading this every December for the last three years, so I am going to read it on Christmas Eve.


 YOUNG ADULT
FANTASY
ALTERNATE HISTORY
Continuing on with the BARTIMAEUS READ-ALONG. I've gotten way behind, but I'm still chugging along! I love this author!


JANUARY
Ghost Wall - NG - 8th
White Stag - NG - 9th
Kingdom of Copper - EW - 22nd

 FEBRUARY
Don't Let Me Down - NG - 5th
More Deadly Than the Male - EW - 5th
Cogheart - NG - 19th


Plus, my January blog theme is dragons!
JANUARY DRAGON DAZE GOODREADS SHELF


MY FEBRUARY GOODREADS READING SHELF


What's the top book on your winter TBR? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.